[Your Library] Bring Spotify's old UI back

So Spotify for whatever reason decided to make the app as inconvenient as possible. The previous set up before this new update was so easy to navigate, find the artist, songs, radio stations, and podcasts whenever I hit the library icon. Now I have to search for and add all these artists basically all over again and frankly I'm pretty mad about it to the point where I want to cancel my subscription. Whats even more frustrating is trying to contact Spotify themselves so I can complain in hopes of actually getting something done about this is like a game and seemingly impossible to get a direct hold of. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Can someone please help fix this? I just want the old spotify back.

Updated on 2019-06-26

Hey Folks,

Thanks for adding your feedback and votes to this idea. We seem to be getting a lot of different ideas in this thread so we'll try to address a few of them here, but as a heads up we have an extensive blog about the changes to Your Library here.

We wanted to highlight that your Recently Played section can now be found on the home screen. Additionally, it's also possible to sort your Albums, Artists and Playlist by Recently Added. To do so, pull down to reveal the search bar, click the 'filters' options and then select 'Recently Played'. You'll also spot some other filter options, like 'Name' so you can sort your playlists alphabetically.

NYL_TWITTER_02_SearchFilter.gif

The update has also brought changes to your Liked songs. Previously this was a section in Your Library, but now they'll appear as a playlist called Liked Songs at the top of the Playlists section for fast access. When you Like or Save an album, we add it to Your Library but we don’t automatically add all songs to your Liked songs. You can Like songs individually to add them to the playlist, or click the ‘Like All Songs’ option in the 3-dot menu to save them all at once.

Whilst not part of this update, we've seen a few mentions about where Radio has moved too. You can find it by going to any artist, album, playlist, or song, clicking the three dots and selecting 'Go to Radio'.

If you have any specific questions about how the new update works, feel free to post in our help boards here.

Thanks!

Comments
ohmyshinji

And can we please, please, PLEASE have the Recently Played list back on the front page of Your Library. Not only have they removed it from there, it's been moved to the Home Page which is Side Scroll, Uneditable and buried under sooooo much useless stuff. I have to go through 15 of rows stuff before I can get to my Recently Played list. 

This is absolutely ridiculous. 

This is what Your Library looks like now.

And this is what I have to go through now to get to my Recently Played list. 

alibyatt

Given that my main method of listening to music (aside from mixed playlists) is to listen to my favourite songs from one artist, this update has made the app almost unusable. What on earth is the point of saving songs if there is no way to listen to your saved songs from one artist together? I have never once wanted to listen to every single song I've ever saved from every artist in one big playlist, and this currently seems to be the only function of the save/like option. When I navigate to an artist's page I am now forced to either pick just one album to listen to (which I could do anyway under the 'albums' tab if I wanted to), or to listen to every single song they have, including the ones I hate and a ridiculous number of remixes of the same song which inevitably end up playing back to back.

Normally I would have something positive to say, but I honestly cannot find a single benefit of the new interface. I can't think what possessed the developers to make this change, and I am shocked that some people in this comments section have been stuck with this update for a month. Please return to the old UI and stop trying to be inovative at the expense of usability.

MrLoooooooo
Casual Listener

Anyone know where I can find the daily mixes after the update? 

nmrc673
Visitor

this update is trash, & also where the heck did the dislike button go?? i’ve been giving some absolutely terrible songs to listen to, that N E V E R in my life do i want to hear again, but for some reason the dislike feature is gone? or is so well hidden that i can’t find it? either way its not a good update. i have loved spotify for years & now i’m just not happy with it. seriously considering switching over to something else & canceling my subscription because this is just a headache. 

isaumyam
Composer

Yes in the new Library section the "Music for you" section is also gone, which makes me mad. It was a great place to find the playlists made for you. But now to see them, you need to open Spotify in your computer app, go to music for you section, play the playlist you want, then it would show playing on your phone. Truly inconvenient.

Fallor
Regular

My main navigation method is using my albums with only those songs that I actually saved in them. 

This Update is a dealbreaker to me and if it is not fixed or reverted - I will find another application to listen to my music.

aeyaey
Visitor

workflow

JackKennedy2

I was already having a bad week, and Spotify's decision to overhaul the Library feature just made it worse.

I most frequently use Spotify when I drive (specifically mobile). So, it is super unsafe for me to have to type in a specific song or artist that I want to listen to. 

With the old interface, I could use the letter shortcuts on the side, find my artist, then find the specific song I want from that artist. 

Now with the new interface, I only have artists in my library who I follow. Problem is, I don't follow every artist who's made a song I like (I have liked thousands of songs, that would be ridiculous). So, now I must type in the artist I want and scroll through their albums to find the specific song I want. 

This is super inconvienant for me to do while I drive, and if it is not resolved, I will switch to another streaming service -- one which is more user-friendly and consumer-minded.

isaumyam
Composer

@aeyaey wrote:

workflow

This is truly funny, but this is really a major breaking changed. Earlier the library section was perfect. All the playlists made for you can simply find from "Made for you" section. Now you can't find that unless you use Spotify PC app and play the album there so that it shows up on your phone. But the meme was really funny. :D

musicnerd-DE
Visitor

The new player UI is not better as the old one. It's not nicer in case of the design or practicability. Want to have the old Spotify typical Play/Pause button. The only thing a change could be good is the loading graphic