[Your Library] Bring Spotify's old UI back

So Spotify for whatever reason decided to make the app as inconvenient as possible. The previous set up before this new update was so easy to navigate, find the artist, songs, radio stations, and podcasts whenever I hit the library icon. Now I have to search for and add all these artists basically all over again and frankly I'm pretty mad about it to the point where I want to cancel my subscription. Whats even more frustrating is trying to contact Spotify themselves so I can complain in hopes of actually getting something done about this is like a game and seemingly impossible to get a direct hold of. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Can someone please help fix this? I just want the old spotify back.

Updated on 2019-06-26

Hey Folks,

Thanks for adding your feedback and votes to this idea. We seem to be getting a lot of different ideas in this thread so we'll try to address a few of them here, but as a heads up we have an extensive blog about the changes to Your Library here.

We wanted to highlight that your Recently Played section can now be found on the home screen. Additionally, it's also possible to sort your Albums, Artists and Playlist by Recently Added. To do so, pull down to reveal the search bar, click the 'filters' options and then select 'Recently Played'. You'll also spot some other filter options, like 'Name' so you can sort your playlists alphabetically.

NYL_TWITTER_02_SearchFilter.gif

The update has also brought changes to your Liked songs. Previously this was a section in Your Library, but now they'll appear as a playlist called Liked Songs at the top of the Playlists section for fast access. When you Like or Save an album, we add it to Your Library but we don’t automatically add all songs to your Liked songs. You can Like songs individually to add them to the playlist, or click the ‘Like All Songs’ option in the 3-dot menu to save them all at once.

Whilst not part of this update, we've seen a few mentions about where Radio has moved too. You can find it by going to any artist, album, playlist, or song, clicking the three dots and selecting 'Go to Radio'.

If you have any specific questions about how the new update works, feel free to post in our help boards here.

Thanks!

Comments
ermagadgs

I just got the update today and I immediately cancelled my subscription. Years of starring music is now gone. Does Spotify expect me to remember every single artist I saved, go to their page and follow them one by one? What were they thinking when they implemented this?! Do they not use their own product?

I voted for this revert, but I'm also voting with my wallet. Good bye Spotify.

oboyitzme
Casual Listener
I remember they released an update and it messed with the saved/stared
when they changed it to "hearts" ever since then I've created another
playlist and have to save all my songs there because I can't trust Spotify
not to break another important feature.

They clearly tell their design team to throw darts on the board in a dark
room to figure out what to do next. Management must have something to show
for productivity metrics and to their shareholders in stead of listening to
faithful users that can tell you EXACTLY what they want in your product.

1) Bring back the UI that allowed search on artist page.
2) Don't touch the starred or saved music
3) Play music only from my list when I filter
4) Fix the follow artist
5) Don't fix what's not broken.
6) Focus on licensing and partnerships of the Music and lay off tweaking
Spotify's App features.
lsa005

It's incredibly annoying to not be able to listen only to my saved music when I go to the artist page.

I'm not sure why they would set it that way, as it does not make me interested in listening to any more music than the ones I actually like. 

Fix this already.

chikubi

I agree, the new design is terrible and so inconvenient, especially whentrying to find an artist while in the car. Getting rid of the alphabetical index that let you jump immediately to  whatever bands were at that letter is just stupid. Change it back.

hypnoswan

I'm new to Spotify, and am comparing it with the other streamers to make a choice on where to put my subscription. 
Spotify wins:

-on sound quality: definitely seesm better than others
Spotify loses:

-on a frustrating  UI

-and availablity of songs (I realise this may be due to my unfamiliarity)

I'm more familiar with these other services:
Apple Music: songs I look for sometimes aren't available: UI ok

Youtube:best song choice:  the best UI of any . Low quality sound
Soundcloud has good song choices but not best quality. UI not bad
Amazon has good UI . Limited songs.

For sound quality alone I would use Spotify: IF the UI wasn't frankly baffling (sure I could spend all day trying to get to grips with it but I won't)

abrunner9

Going to add myself to the list of enraged users. This is ridiculous. I understand you want me to follow every artist but the app has become unusable. Will have to look into alternatives. As if the app didn't have enough issues before. Now even the interface is hard to navigate. I have to unlike a song AND the album it was on to remove it from my list instead of just unsaving it like before. Had to go through and follow hundreds of artist simply to have an easy way to find a song I liked from before without having to scroll though thousands of songs. I unstand promoting artists but there has to be a better way than making the experience more difficult for paying customers?

Andipandi

I’ve been trying to get used to the new interface, but it’s been frustrating! My friend has the old interface, and I’m so envious of him. I just wish I could see the SONGS section in my Libraries again. The recently played section doesn’t show songs, it shows playlists and artist. Spotify is supposed to be onboard with inclusive design, but it doesn’t feel that way anymore. Not all of us want to listen to an entire album. If this is some design decision to push albums and playlist, you’re failing. And I’m disappointed with your UX designers... or whoever pushed for this update.

Shiirll

I agree! Playlists, artists, albums. That’s all that’s here now and it’s not enough. Bring back “songs” too or you lose a customer!

LordReekris
Hey Spotify, Bring back the old setup. This new one doesn't make any sense. Why would you have artists listed in random order as opposed to alphabetically? I can't figure it out. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the previous version. No one was asking for an update. The online complaints are abundant and we've paid for a service we knew we liked. Now, I don't want to pay for this headache. Please fix this.
MemphisMAC
Casual Listener

**bleep**! you have read my mind! this isn't the first time over this problem, by the way.  When this update first occured, I looked for ways to contact Spotify - after all, I am a "Premium Member".  On my google search (like this one to contact support again), I saw a post that again read my thoughts.  The post specifically mentioned the lack of finding songs by artist had changed.  My issue was not mentioned in the comments:  Songs by save date - Sure, you have a heart and a +, but now you want all members to switch from + to heart only... not to mention, there are playlists that STILL DO NOT HAVE HEART ON THE BOTTOM OF PC APP!!!!

Honestly, I tried for 1-3 months to get with the new scenario.. Most of the time was a denial to convert.  I started listening to the radio again.. No more workout music.. my whole music habit was affected, which kind of affected my daily flow.  May sound stupid, but when you pay for a subscription of something.. (self-explanatory)

Anyways, Thanks for you submission.  And thanks to anyone else who agrees with this.

The fact of the matter is this... Spotify has attempted to implemented an unprepared update that has totally affected the usability and worth of the product.  This "update" (total shift in programming) should have been atleast "public beta tested" or something..

--- I'm about to cancel my entire family plan...  I doubt anyone from Spotify actually sees this as it's been more than a month since I've seen the public express outrage over this update---