[Your Library] Bring Spotify's old UI back

So Spotify for whatever reason decided to make the app as inconvenient as possible. The previous set up before this new update was so easy to navigate, find the artist, songs, radio stations, and podcasts whenever I hit the library icon. Now I have to search for and add all these artists basically all over again and frankly I'm pretty mad about it to the point where I want to cancel my subscription. Whats even more frustrating is trying to contact Spotify themselves so I can complain in hopes of actually getting something done about this is like a game and seemingly impossible to get a direct hold of. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Can someone please help fix this? I just want the old spotify back.

Updated on 2019-06-26

Hey Folks,

Thanks for adding your feedback and votes to this idea. We seem to be getting a lot of different ideas in this thread so we'll try to address a few of them here, but as a heads up we have an extensive blog about the changes to Your Library here.

We wanted to highlight that your Recently Played section can now be found on the home screen. Additionally, it's also possible to sort your Albums, Artists and Playlist by Recently Added. To do so, pull down to reveal the search bar, click the 'filters' options and then select 'Recently Played'. You'll also spot some other filter options, like 'Name' so you can sort your playlists alphabetically.

NYL_TWITTER_02_SearchFilter.gif

The update has also brought changes to your Liked songs. Previously this was a section in Your Library, but now they'll appear as a playlist called Liked Songs at the top of the Playlists section for fast access. When you Like or Save an album, we add it to Your Library but we don’t automatically add all songs to your Liked songs. You can Like songs individually to add them to the playlist, or click the ‘Like All Songs’ option in the 3-dot menu to save them all at once.

Whilst not part of this update, we've seen a few mentions about where Radio has moved too. You can find it by going to any artist, album, playlist, or song, clicking the three dots and selecting 'Go to Radio'.

If you have any specific questions about how the new update works, feel free to post in our help boards here.

Thanks!

Comments
animol_

Agreed, i hate this new update, I just wanna see songs I saved by artist in alphebetical order. Instead the artist tab now works differently where you now follow artists instead of seeing songs you have saved by an artist. This was my main way of listening to spotify or making a playlist as it was convinient and user friendly. Now you have to go through all 1000+ saved songs in your library to make a playlist or listen to a specific song which is super inconvienient and frustrating. 

DudewithName

Oh man I remember that bull **bleep**

selfmadestero

Seriously, why aren't more people annoyed about this. I feel exactly the same way about it, but we seem to be in the minority. My biggest bugbear is that my own playlists are lost in a torrent of suggested, random playlists. I'm manually searching for them by name. Is there a simple view option to *just* see your own playlists that I'm missing somewhere? 

At which UI meeting did everyone nod along to the idea "let's hide users own playlists and promote other users' playlists. That's what people want all the time, every day!"

Urgh. 

Manowar383

The thing about the new layout I don't understand is, my wife has the same phone as me (Huawei P20 pro) and we both have paid premium subscriptions. Even the same version # (8.5.9.737) yet her phone displays the old lay out where you can search your music by artist/song etc. Yet my phone has the new awful layout where it's all by 'liked songs'.

I honestly only signed up for premium in hopes of getting the layout like hers.

Spotify, if you're listening, look at the amount of views and comments this thread has. If we all rise together and revoke our membership over something so easily repairable on your end, you are bound to lose quite a bit of money per month. Do your paying customers a service and correct this issue. Give us an option at the least to opt for the old layout. 

Sincerely a disappointed customer. @SpotifyOfficial 

ChrisA1999
Music Fan
Sadly their current plan is to roll-out the new "Useless User Interface" to
everyone over the next couple of months.

Let's have a Vote on here, to see if there is a 90% majority who DON'T want
the new "Useless User Interface".

Maybe Spotify Stats and Metric boffins or even Owner Daniel EK, will take
notice of this instead?

New "UUI" YES? or NO?

Here's my Vote...

New UUI - ABSOLUTELY 100% NO!!!

Anyone else???

Manowar383

@ChrisA1999 can we actually start a vote?

My vote is No to the new UI

Deadjim
Roadie

I voted with my wallet. Switched to Apple music awhile back because of the UI. Others should do the same.

vesprlynd77
Casual Listener

@Deadjim wrote:

I voted with my wallet. Switched to Apple music awhile back because of the UI. Others should do the same.

Yep, that is what I did and I have my irritations with Apple Music, but at least the UI is navigable and I can access my music quickly and in a manner that makes sense.

ChrisA1999
Music Fan

So prefer new UUI, So far...

Yes- 0 votes

No- 4 votes

Any more??

Telemuh
Casual Listener
I hate the new UI, that's why I downgraded to an older version.