[Your Library] Bring Spotify's old UI back

So Spotify for whatever reason decided to make the app as inconvenient as possible. The previous set up before this new update was so easy to navigate, find the artist, songs, radio stations, and podcasts whenever I hit the library icon. Now I have to search for and add all these artists basically all over again and frankly I'm pretty mad about it to the point where I want to cancel my subscription. Whats even more frustrating is trying to contact Spotify themselves so I can complain in hopes of actually getting something done about this is like a game and seemingly impossible to get a direct hold of. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Can someone please help fix this? I just want the old spotify back.

Updated on 2019-06-26

Hey Folks,

Thanks for adding your feedback and votes to this idea. We seem to be getting a lot of different ideas in this thread so we'll try to address a few of them here, but as a heads up we have an extensive blog about the changes to Your Library here.

We wanted to highlight that your Recently Played section can now be found on the home screen. Additionally, it's also possible to sort your Albums, Artists and Playlist by Recently Added. To do so, pull down to reveal the search bar, click the 'filters' options and then select 'Recently Played'. You'll also spot some other filter options, like 'Name' so you can sort your playlists alphabetically.

NYL_TWITTER_02_SearchFilter.gif

The update has also brought changes to your Liked songs. Previously this was a section in Your Library, but now they'll appear as a playlist called Liked Songs at the top of the Playlists section for fast access. When you Like or Save an album, we add it to Your Library but we don’t automatically add all songs to your Liked songs. You can Like songs individually to add them to the playlist, or click the ‘Like All Songs’ option in the 3-dot menu to save them all at once.

Whilst not part of this update, we've seen a few mentions about where Radio has moved too. You can find it by going to any artist, album, playlist, or song, clicking the three dots and selecting 'Go to Radio'.

If you have any specific questions about how the new update works, feel free to post in our help boards here.

Thanks!

Comments
mjandr

I originally posted on page 55 of the comments. It makes sense to me that a lot of you are leaving Spotify - this update was upsetting to say the least. If you do want to fix things up a little before bailing, here are a couple of things I did to make my library better...

This will make it so you can treat "Artists" as before and took me around 10 minutes.

1) Go to artists.

2) Pull down. Click "Filters", select "Artist".

3) Scroll down right to the bottom of the artists they suggest you follow.

4) Then keep clicking on "Follow" for around 10 minutes, until you follow all the artists that you've added songs by. The reason I suggest scrolling right to the bottom is that then the page doesn't move annoyingly as you keep clicking.

5) I found that my artists list now serves as before - it only shows songs or albums that I have liked. I hope this is the same for you.

I then realized that you can like albums and songs independently. Personally, I do like listening to whole albums a lot, so I went through unliking songs if I had liked the entire album. That meant my "Liked songs" playlist went down to 320 songs, but I still have tons of albums and they show up in  "artists" and "albums". Of course, this may not help people who prefer many individual tracks - then you've already stopped reading. This part took me around and hour or so.

1) Scroll down artists.

2) If you see a number of songs that suggests you've liked an entire album, click on the artist.

3) For each album, click "...", then "view album", then "...". Then you can un"like all songs". That way these songs do not show up on the liked playlist, but do still show up on the artist page.

Things I don't think any of us that are not working for Spotify can resolve.

1) I cannot edit my recently played list. This is super annoying.

2) I cannot play my entire library on shuffle without adding it to a playlist, and I cannot see a quick way to do this. Urgh.

I wish that when introducing this update, they had provided some preference boxes that you tick, so that the changes made could be implemented quickly in your preferred way if you desire, and not at all if you don't like them.

Good luck!

feckoffupdates
Casual Listener

Amen!  Garbage “update.”  I don’t want my phone stuffed with the fifty lame demo and live versions of songs that have been stuck on the end of every album...

jimjohn6691

Somehow I find a new way the update inconviences me every single day. I used to just go to my Songs library and search for an Artist, then I'd just shuffle play all their songs I had in my library. Now when I search for an artist and play their music it isn't limited to the artist I searched for anymore, it's every random **bleep**ing song in my library of close to 2000 songs. I don't want to have to make a playlist for every single artist I follow (Almost 2000 songs remember, it would take forever to do it) and I certainly don't want to spend an entire afternoon following every artist I listen to just to hear their songs I like. For me this is the biggest issue is that they completely**bleep** up the Songs Library functionality, I can't believe some group of programmers thought this update was good and I can't believe their management gave it the go-ahead.

I've had Premium for over 3 years and have been perfectly happy with it, but now the only thing keeping my Premium subscription going is that my desktop hasn't gotten the new changes yet so it's still at least functional. When my desktop app gets changed over to the same godawful version on my phone I'm cancelling my Premium and just going back to pirating music.

alexandrerapacc

SPOTIFY **bleep**ED UP IM SWITCHING OVER TO TIDAL **bleep** **bleep** IT TAKES AGES NOW TO FIND A SONG AND INCANT JUST SEARCH IT WITHOUT TURNING THE DATA OFF

spaceburglar
Music Fan

FFS how do I see the song count for my playlists? I can only see it for the Liked Songs list. Another unnecessary change lacking logic

PaulMac
Roadie

Performance on Android is sooo bad. Controlling Spotify connect devices using my phone worked like a dream before the update. No longer the case. Searching by Artist was fine before the update..now it takes forever.

Is it just me or are other Android users also having difficulties?

Colinccb
Similar issues. My Sonos doesn't like spotify so much now. Like others I'm now checking out other music sources. Spotify has taken a backward step
#- Please type your reply above this line -##
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Tonitoscano

Maybe its just me.. But when I used to make a station from a song it would play that song first then a station to follow. Now I'm lucky if it ever plays the song thw station is made after.. Plus.. It seems to have downsized the selection and variety per song station. I love spotify because of this feature. Its my favorite way to find new artists. It seemed like the expected would be played per artist station but song station would play so many things to add to my unending Stuff playlist... Last noted at well over 8k songs.. But alas I just checked and now I'm not even sure where to find my total to give you the exact. Yea I don't like this.. Ive had spotify for 7 years. Its been consistent in my life for a reason. Its now changed everything I've liked about it. Sad times.

wallingford

Awful, did anyone actually test it ! Did anyone actually ask people if they wanted it !  Why is there no option to downgrade to the old UX/UI !   How to p1ss off your users... nice work! 

Magnarian

Thanks to this new ""awesome UI"" i canceled my subscription after many many years of membership as I fer evry day with this...

Guys, next time when you want to change everything, pro tips, put it un beta mode !

Ho and enroll a UI manager and fire the one you have.