[Your Library] Bring Spotify's old UI back

So Spotify for whatever reason decided to make the app as inconvenient as possible. The previous set up before this new update was so easy to navigate, find the artist, songs, radio stations, and podcasts whenever I hit the library icon. Now I have to search for and add all these artists basically all over again and frankly I'm pretty mad about it to the point where I want to cancel my subscription. Whats even more frustrating is trying to contact Spotify themselves so I can complain in hopes of actually getting something done about this is like a game and seemingly impossible to get a direct hold of. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Can someone please help fix this? I just want the old spotify back.

Updated on 2019-06-26

Hey Folks,

Thanks for adding your feedback and votes to this idea. We seem to be getting a lot of different ideas in this thread so we'll try to address a few of them here, but as a heads up we have an extensive blog about the changes to Your Library here.

We wanted to highlight that your Recently Played section can now be found on the home screen. Additionally, it's also possible to sort your Albums, Artists and Playlist by Recently Added. To do so, pull down to reveal the search bar, click the 'filters' options and then select 'Recently Played'. You'll also spot some other filter options, like 'Name' so you can sort your playlists alphabetically.

NYL_TWITTER_02_SearchFilter.gif

The update has also brought changes to your Liked songs. Previously this was a section in Your Library, but now they'll appear as a playlist called Liked Songs at the top of the Playlists section for fast access. When you Like or Save an album, we add it to Your Library but we don’t automatically add all songs to your Liked songs. You can Like songs individually to add them to the playlist, or click the ‘Like All Songs’ option in the 3-dot menu to save them all at once.

Whilst not part of this update, we've seen a few mentions about where Radio has moved too. You can find it by going to any artist, album, playlist, or song, clicking the three dots and selecting 'Go to Radio'.

If you have any specific questions about how the new update works, feel free to post in our help boards here.

Thanks!

Comments
robinthedude
Regular

@sc0ttwad3 wrote:

SOLUTION FOUND!

Uninstall current version of app. Here's one reputable location for older versions of apps, the link is to older versions of Spotify app. I went back to an older 8.0.x version and EVERYTHING WORKS again! Youll have to disable it from auto updating to the current version. It looks like maybe the first 8.5.x version **bleep** up My Library? If anyone knows the last working version that would be nice to know/share.  

https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/old

I just tested, and it looks like version 8.5.4.770 is the last "normal" version. Enjoy Spotify as it should be, and thanks for the solution!

Telemuh
Casual Listener
seems to be different for everybody... for me 8.3.0.681 is the newest
version with old library
forcedrevival
Gig Goer

I reverted back to an old version for now, but I'm gonna start branching out to other apps again. I'm so tired of the lack of actual customer support and them constantly "fixing" things that don't need to be fixed. It's almost like they are intentionally trying to get users to flee do they don't have to keep paying licensing fees to the labels. Meh. 

Itranette

I am so angry and also sad to have to leave Spotify. Quitting it after this month and trying Apple Music. I'd only come back if it was returned to the way it was. My added songs in my library (not a playlist??), the artists page with only songs I added from them (no having to "follow" them), and everything else. Huge issues.

Who in the world thought that these would be improvements? Wow. And I only recently got the update. LOVED Spotify so much because it is compatible with everything and WAS very efficient, but not anymore. I never used the discover weekly or any of their playlists anyway as I prefer to discover on my own and make my own playlists. Not losing much, but Spotify just lost another customer.

ChrisA1999
Music Fan
Even a lady in Customer Services I web Chatted (complained) about this
issue to, admitted she preferred the original User Interface!

She said she'd now 'escelate' this Alphabetical Artist Library request,
which had at the time had then reached 25 pages on this thread and I'd be
contacted by someone higher up, but this as not happened.

Apparently they take notice of any issue that gets 100 'votes' or more. My
thinking is that for every person who bothers to post on here, there are
several thousand people complaining to friends and family about the same
thing!

This must be, (or soon will be), costing them a fortune in lost
subscriptions. Maybe this financial hit is subsidised by their reduced
payments to record companies for promoting their new hyped artists that are
now pushed onto us???

YvaKP
Premium user here. All I can say is “me too.” The only reason I got premium was for this capability. Now that it’s gone and there has been no acknowledgement from Spotify employees that this is an issue that will be resolved I am strongly considering canceling my subscription. Hope this gets worked out and SOON.
andrew-mackenzi

I thought the new UI was a bug. I thought my subscription had been cancelled or something -- felt like the "free version" or "limited version" of Spotify. But, nope -- just finding out now that they actually chose to make it this way. It's pretty awful. I really hope they can respond to the feedback that's being provided -- else, this family plan may be moving on to greener pastures.

MythikBeast
Casual Listener

Just having a toggle option if they want to keep the new layout would make me actually want to keep my premium.

ChrisA1999
Music Fan
If you could toggle between the Classic U.I. and the Revamp U.I. that would
be great! Everyone would be happy.

That should be easy to add into the Settings menu.

...Unless they insist on herding us all in this other direction that we
don't want.
Veroniquepi

It is somehow comforting to see I’m not the only one complaining about this update. The new layout is so stupid and frustrating  I can’t even find words to describe how angry I felt. Anyhow, I managed to get all the artists back in alphabetical order by 1) tagging ‘follow’  for the artists that were under ‘recommended artists’ ,  and then 2) use the ‘alphabetical ‘ filter on top. This way they appear in the upper part as before. If Spotify comes up with another stupid  update  I cancel my account and move over to YT or Deezer.