[Your Library] Bring Spotify's old UI back

So Spotify for whatever reason decided to make the app as inconvenient as possible. The previous set up before this new update was so easy to navigate, find the artist, songs, radio stations, and podcasts whenever I hit the library icon. Now I have to search for and add all these artists basically all over again and frankly I'm pretty mad about it to the point where I want to cancel my subscription. Whats even more frustrating is trying to contact Spotify themselves so I can complain in hopes of actually getting something done about this is like a game and seemingly impossible to get a direct hold of. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Can someone please help fix this? I just want the old spotify back.

Updated on 2019-06-26

Hey Folks,

Thanks for adding your feedback and votes to this idea. We seem to be getting a lot of different ideas in this thread so we'll try to address a few of them here, but as a heads up we have an extensive blog about the changes to Your Library here.

We wanted to highlight that your Recently Played section can now be found on the home screen. Additionally, it's also possible to sort your Albums, Artists and Playlist by Recently Added. To do so, pull down to reveal the search bar, click the 'filters' options and then select 'Recently Played'. You'll also spot some other filter options, like 'Name' so you can sort your playlists alphabetically.

NYL_TWITTER_02_SearchFilter.gif

The update has also brought changes to your Liked songs. Previously this was a section in Your Library, but now they'll appear as a playlist called Liked Songs at the top of the Playlists section for fast access. When you Like or Save an album, we add it to Your Library but we don’t automatically add all songs to your Liked songs. You can Like songs individually to add them to the playlist, or click the ‘Like All Songs’ option in the 3-dot menu to save them all at once.

Whilst not part of this update, we've seen a few mentions about where Radio has moved too. You can find it by going to any artist, album, playlist, or song, clicking the three dots and selecting 'Go to Radio'.

If you have any specific questions about how the new update works, feel free to post in our help boards here.

Thanks!

Related Ideas

Comments
rschmitt
Visitor

I really loved Spotify as it was, not now.

I'm really close to switch Spotify for Apple Music which is a pitty.

Mint_out

This update basically triggered my OCD, i can't find almost half of my music on the album section and i hate that i have to save a full album to see it.

i'm thinking on moving to apple music :\

Warey2

Strongly agree. Undo changes or i unsubscribe. Reason why more not complaining is that it's difficult to navigate to find how to!

idannenfels
Visitor

I completely agree, and if this “update” isn’t reverted within the next couple of weeks then I am switching from Spotify to another streaming service.

conriera
Casual Listener

I partially agree.... the format was changed around the begining of the year (jan or feb of 1019) the change was difficult, the worst part was a lot of functions including the 'repete' feature were hidden/an extra spet to get to. 

... BUT then it was reformatted again into the best version of spotify I have seen. Please keep the new/Current (3-9-2019)

daniel__james
Regular

I wonder if someone at Spotify could comment on whether A/B testing is possible with the mobile apps. It’s hard for me to imagine that all the people who pushed these changes through did so without having thought through the implications for the User eXperience. And were the changes morivated by user feedback or business needs? I’d bet on the latter.

daniel__james
Regular

@jasmitkalra wrote:

Bring back the REPEAT button.. please. 

Seriously, I’d settle for just this. It’s also annoying how the repeat mode changes when you switch songs.

https://neurosciencenews.com/song-listening-comfort-8503/

CVNCT
Visitor

Spotify, this last UI update was one big joke! I’ve been paying for premium for the last 4 years. It’s now basically impossible for me to get to a particular song I’ve saved unless I go to the artist and can remember the name of the song! Such bull5h1t. Why is it so hard for you guys to have a filter for artists within your saved library of songs?? Unreal. Hate this way too much to bother. Trialling out some other apps for free right now - whilst I DONT bother to save more music on Spotify - and will be sure to cancel when I switch to another streaming app. Get outta here!

polkadotbikinii
Visitor
Agree with what everyone else has been saying about the change in UI. I feel like the app is now unusable to me and I feel like I have lost access to my music collection which is shattering for me as I used Spotify every single day, music is a huge part of my life. I could use it easily and quickly when I could go to Library/Artist and find any song I had saved, be it a single song, a partial or whole album. Now I have no albums, half a dozen followed artists and all my songs are placed into one giant mess of a songlist. I have been a paid subscriber for 4 years and always thought it was a fabulous app, but now I am going to cancel my subscription as soon as I find a suitable alternative as Spotify is completely unusable to me now.
Shspresto20
Regular

The update and the way to contact spotify is absolute BS. I am not sure what they are thinking but they outsmarted themselves on this one.