[Your Library] Bring Spotify's old UI back

So Spotify for whatever reason decided to make the app as inconvenient as possible. The previous set up before this new update was so easy to navigate, find the artist, songs, radio stations, and podcasts whenever I hit the library icon. Now I have to search for and add all these artists basically all over again and frankly I'm pretty mad about it to the point where I want to cancel my subscription. Whats even more frustrating is trying to contact Spotify themselves so I can complain in hopes of actually getting something done about this is like a game and seemingly impossible to get a direct hold of. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Can someone please help fix this? I just want the old spotify back.

Updated on 2019-06-26

Hey Folks,

Thanks for adding your feedback and votes to this idea. We seem to be getting a lot of different ideas in this thread so we'll try to address a few of them here, but as a heads up we have an extensive blog about the changes to Your Library here.

We wanted to highlight that your Recently Played section can now be found on the home screen. Additionally, it's also possible to sort your Albums, Artists and Playlist by Recently Added. To do so, pull down to reveal the search bar, click the 'filters' options and then select 'Recently Played'. You'll also spot some other filter options, like 'Name' so you can sort your playlists alphabetically.

NYL_TWITTER_02_SearchFilter.gif

The update has also brought changes to your Liked songs. Previously this was a section in Your Library, but now they'll appear as a playlist called Liked Songs at the top of the Playlists section for fast access. When you Like or Save an album, we add it to Your Library but we don’t automatically add all songs to your Liked songs. You can Like songs individually to add them to the playlist, or click the ‘Like All Songs’ option in the 3-dot menu to save them all at once.

Whilst not part of this update, we've seen a few mentions about where Radio has moved too. You can find it by going to any artist, album, playlist, or song, clicking the three dots and selecting 'Go to Radio'.

If you have any specific questions about how the new update works, feel free to post in our help boards here.

Thanks!

Comments
TermsReed

The UI changed for me today. It is so clunky, confusing and not user friendly at all! I hope they bring back the old UI. 

TheMordecai

Bring back previous artist section.

durnsure
Visitor

Albums have disappeared from my library since the update and now it's harder than ever to save them. Who wanted these changes? I will be forced to find an alternative if this is not resolved. PLEASE FIX

Jo9595
Visitor

Totally agree, the UI really sucks! Such a pity the artist and albums page are changed completely. Not sure how I can listen to all of my favourite songs from a particular artist :(

jasper072
Casual Listener

Who approves updates like this? The library is totally useless right now.

RU_Randy_IAM

@Knifey_McStab wrote:

This update is complete and utter garbage

^^^^^ THIS!

I've been a premium subcriber for several years and until today have never been so frustrated that I felt the need to post to the forums.  I've discovered so many artists on Spotify and sometimes browing them is how I decide what to listen to but now the only way is to scroll through thousands of songs. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?

Like many others have said, I'll be exploring other music services if this update remains in place. 

bobgure

I'm also outraged at the downright mindlessless behind the so called update.  Pretty near perfect before, 

so of course it had to change into something hideously aggrovating and pointless.

Where's the petition?

ANXIETYSPOON

I don't understand why they would get rid of being able to view your saved artists' songs. Now if I want to hear just the songs I like from a specific album, I have to make a new playlist? Really making me reconsider my subscription.

Elizabethaef
Visitor

Incredibly unhappy with this new layout - I often listen offline with saved songs or through artists & the songs within them. The new artists folder has only five of my multiple artists displayed & so therefore I have to try to find & add the artists already in my library so I can access stuff offline. The albums folder is once again ridiculous - I don’t use this with practicality being a major downside as I can only play songs from one of the multiple albums I have at one time. I often shuffle music from an artist as it is far more enjoyable & less limiting! At least make the artists folder accessible or bring back the older version which made sense! This new version is awful to use!

FornaSD

Adding my drop here, the way I used spotify was:

1. Navigate around artists I might like saving a bunch of their songs that I personally enjoy.
  2. Go to my artist page and listen all saved songs of a single artist (sometimes iI let the app continue, sometimes I don't depends on the mood).
  3. When I want to mixup a little I usually create a playlist to mash together different artists of genres.

If I had to weight these I'd say that for 15% of the time I'm user 1, 10% of the time I'm user 3 and 75% of the time I'm user 2.
The problem with the update is that I don't get to be user 2 anymore, I have to create a playlist for every artist I listen and while this might be doable with the pc app becomes a serious hassle with the mobile one and it's discouraging me from using spotify.