Announcements

[Your Library] Create a proper Pre-Save for new releases

Currently, when new releases are announced, Spotify treats each available song as its own stand-alone single. Other streaming platforms will put a preview for the full album and make the released songs playable under that album. 

Please allow us to pre-save the albums, as the artist intends, and stop treating each song made available as its own single. This creates a huge mess with library management, and when the album is eventually released, it causes more clutter with all these random single releases with different artwork.

Here is how Apple Music does it, which is the ideal way. In this example, I'm able to add the Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (Deluxe Edition) album to my library, despite it not being available yet. The songs that are available are streamable, but those that aren't remain grayed out until officially released.

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 11.37.28 AM.png

For comparison, here's how Spotify does it:

Individual songs from the same forthcoming album are listed as separate singlesIndividual songs from the same forthcoming album are listed as separate singles

The three singles released so far are giving separate listings under "singles" but there's no album that we can properly pre-save

The three songs currently available get lumped under the latest single release, rather than the forthcoming album titleThe three songs currently available get lumped under the latest single release, rather than the forthcoming album title

The latest single becomes the name of the release, with the other released songs nested under it. Why not just use the name of the forthcoming album and put the songs that can be played within it?

Updated on 2022-08-03

Hey there,

That's a great idea, but something similar has already been suggested.

You can check it out here.

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
kenkaneki1

As far as I remember, there was a Pre-Save feature released for a while on Spotify (for the Florence+The Machine's new LP) but that might just have been an A/B test.

Luke
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-08-03

Hey there,

That's a great idea, but something similar has already been suggested.

You can check it out here.

Have a nice day!

Luke

Env: prod