Announcements

[Your Library] Playlist Folders

I have been using Spotify for several years and have gotten to the point where playlists as an organizational tool aren’t enough for me. The purpose of playlists as a feature is so that you can organize songs according to a theme, vibe, or some sort of feature that all of those songs have in common. Playlists only fulfill that function up to a certain point. I have lots of playlists that have very similar themes but are distinct in some way. I would like to be able to keep those as separate playlists while still being able to group them together. I would really like there to be a way for me to sort and organize my playlists in the same way that playlists can organize songs. Im thinking something like a folder, which would be sorted as a playlist in the “playlist” section of Spotify but would look different and contain playlists instead of songs.

Updated on 2020-09-17

Hello @PigeRice and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. 

Playlist folders are already featured on Spotify. You can create and manage them to keep your playlists organized into them as you want on the Spotify desktop app. Just check this support article out to get the step-by-step for how to create your folders. 

Also, check this related idea:

[Mobile] Create & manage Playlist Folders

Comments
Visitor

this is already a thing

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-09-17

Hello @PigeRice and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. 

Playlist folders are already featured on Spotify. You can create and manage them to keep your playlists organized into them as you want on the Spotify desktop app. Just check this support article out to get the step-by-step for how to create your folders. 

Also, check this related idea:

[Mobile] Create & manage Playlist Folders