[Your Music] Change the Heart Icon back to a Plus (+)

I think the new heart icon next to any song in any playlist is a not neccessary change. There are many people who don't like the new design of the heart icon being literally next to every song. It feels like an icon that should only be there if the song is actually a song you really like. It is confusing and not as visually appealing as previous icons/options.

My suggestion: Instead of having the icon being permanently displayed, only make it visible if you hover your mouse cursor over it. This way people can still easily add songs to their favorite songs while there are no more heart icons "everywhere".

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Pandalink

Agree, the heart looks terrible when visible on every single song. Hover option could work or frankly just revert the Songs to Favorite Songs change entirely since it's such a bad idea.

MeierLink
Regular

Maybe this
an option to choose ("Add" or "like" )
or
the option to choose the Icon of ("Add" or "like" ) like an icon of Heart, checklist, i dont know an smile face etc...

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-07-28

Marked as new idea.

selac02
Regular

I do totally agree. I’m very disappointed not to be able to get to the “wide screen” playlist view that we were able to access through an arrow on the left down that has been replaced by a totally useless heart. Please go back to the previous user-friendly design rather than trying to track all our emotional moves!!!!

sdschramm
Roadie

Let's all remember the first time Spotify did this, they actually rolled it back:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Your-Music-Go-Back-to-Saving-Music-to-qu...

But since January 2019, they changed it back to a heart again which is still causing stress and confusion. Please revert it back to the + icon and not change it anymore. Thank you.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke