Your Music: Get back the tabbed view mode (Mobile)

it was easier to navigate with the previous mode,you just had to scroll with one finger to change between artists, genres and playlists now you have to go back and choose from list, thats not comfortable at all

10934609_1085694704781433_1436637135_n.jpg
Updated: 2016-01-23

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
hybrid172
I completely agree, this needs to be up voted!!!!!!!!
santhoshlive

Please bring the tabbed view back!

robshoy

Yes please! I've been thinking the same thing!!

Johnsnowdelnort
Pinches culeros.
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title a bit to make it easier to find via search. 😉

hybrid172
Thank you Marco! We should have a fifth tab that is the "recently played" tab with the old swipe layout.
Rapti
Gig Goer
I think this is a better implementation because you can now access all four categories with just one tap. I usually know in advance which category I want to open and I don't switch between categories very often.
Andreszzo
The tabbed menu is way better. I find that with the new mode I have to move my finger up and down too much and that i have to do more clips to get where I want. The old tabbed view was more efficient at getting the job done. I would also like to see what I've been playing recently on a different tab as it in not something I want to see all the time. I makes the menus look mesy. If I just listened song I most likely want to move on to a different one. Just let me browse my music with ease! Please.! This feels like a rollback to an older less soffisticated version of the app and makes me want to switch to something else.
hybrid172
I usually stay on my albums tab and it would automatically go to the last tab I was on when I clicked on my music. Now its a two step process every time I click into my music to get to the music I want.
MattSuda
Community Legend

The new Touch Preview feature conflicts with swiping between sections. That is why it has been changed.

The main view after clicking "Your Music" is now the Recently Played section.

Many people wanted Spotify to add a "Recently Played" section. So they did. It's a win win, I guess.

To get to where you want to go, you have to use the menu at the top.

It is now like that on all the mobile apps (iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone)

If you don't have the Touch Preview yet it's because it is only in the iPhone app right now. Android will get it soon.