Your Music: Offline Management for mobile devices (desktop)

I am used to choose playlists as offline-playlists on my mobile device using the desktop vesion. By clicking on a mobile device (under "Devices") in the left menu the desktop version shows all my playlists. Now i can tick which playlist is supposed to be downloaded to the mobile device.

I'm missing this feature for the new "Your music" section. After saving a song to "Your music" it's not instantly offline aviable on my mobile device. At first I have to search for the new song on my mobile device and then I can choose download. (Unless the artist or album is already marked as offline aviable.)

My suggestion is to implement a management in the desktop version for choosing which artists and albums should be downloaded to connected mobile devices - or rather an extension of the existing menu in the desktop version.

Maybe you implement one tab for playlists, another for artists and a third one for albums.

Spotify Idee.jpg

Updated: 2015-04-15

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Your-Music-Add-and-Remove-Offline-music-on-Desktop...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title a bit to make it clearer and easier to find via search. ;)

This idea requests to have an offline management for mobile devices in the desktop app for each tab of Your Music.

hlilje
Regular

This would be great, as managing offline playlists and downloading them using the mobile app is inconvenient. I much prefer donig it on desktop, as with offline playlists.

lbssousa
Casual Listener

I wonder if such a feature could be implemented in Spotify Web Player as well.

nickwhit
Roadie

Rdio already does this and it's great. Much easier than having to find on your mobile device and select available offline when you are adding a lot of music.

simonszu
Casual Listener

I'd appreciate this idea as well. Since a song can be downloaded via its Artist, its Album, its Playlist or as an individual track, you have to check multiple locations if you want to get completely rid of it on your device, e.g. to save disk space or such. An overview on the desktop application would bring some comfort.

ThatGuyDave
Roadie

Disappointed that this idea hasn't gained more traction. This would be huge, and would really benefit people who tend to reset their phones' memory or uninstall Spotify temporarily. Your account would know what to sync for offline, so all you'd have to do is reinstall the app, open it, and wait for the magic to happen.

I haven't used Rdio in a very long time, but I remember this being a feature at least a couple of years ago.

skorbuth

This Idea is awesome. I was hoping somebody raised it.

This is possible on the mobile app, but the navigation on the mobile app is painful now because I have too many artists/albums saved.

but I keep syncing albums only.

It would be great to be able to do this from the desktop app.

Jon

Lipitunos

Is This Management part deletet Completle now ? 

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2015-04-15

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Your-Music-Add-and-Remove-Offline-music-on-Desktop...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!