[Your Music] Remove Duplicated Songs

I have recently discovered that if I press Heart in my Daily Mix song and I have pressed plus in the artist page. Songs appear as duplicates in my songs folder. Can there be feature that if I have liked the song already in the artist page, the same song that I will encounter in Daily Mix will already have this heart "on", so it will not put the duplicate in songs list. I do have short memory and I sometimes wonder that did I already "liked" the song on Daily Mix or artist page and now I'm having these duplicates.

And those Collection songs that are Already same as the ones in normal album, can those duplicates have been removed as well? 

I have the Premium subscriber for a while and I still Love Spotify so much :D

Updated on 2019-08-15

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-08-29

Marked as new idea.

DJflitza

You listen to music. You want to add a song to your playlist. If you already have the exact same song in your playlist a tip comes up that says if you want to add the duplicated song. That is good.
But there are often very much different versions of a song. So there are different version Songsname (radio edit), Songsname (disco edit), Songsname (vocal edit), and so on. It would be great if Spotify would warn you there too. So that there would comes a tip that says something like: There is a similar song called Songsname (djs edit) in your playlist….
Same is when you listen to music and the song is in your song catalogue you have in the mobil app the green hook. If the song is nott in your catalogue you have the white plus. So far so good. Now it would be great to add a new symbol that symbolizes if you have a song in your catalogue that is like the song you listen to.

Thank you for reading my idea.

If I can rewrite something for better understanding, please let me know and I will change it. English is not my mother tongue.

chua_audrey
Regular

You mean like:

-Original

-Accoustic

-Remix

chua_audrey
Regular

Good idea! Check out my suggestions too so we can make Spotify a better place. :)

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Interesting idea. Espacially now, when the tendency is to multiply the versions of a songs as original version, acoustic version, album version, edit version, stripped version and the different remixes...

You got my vote.

slyfoxman7
Casual Listener

deleted.

Aalfred
Regular

It would really good if you could execute that. It is really annoying if i have the same song twice or more in my playlist

Let's make us Spotify better :-)

ntgism
Music Fan

To that I would like to add that sometimes a song may be in more than one album. For example, the official release by the artist, a compilation album, or a remastered edition and so on. And it has happened to me, adding pretty much the exact same song to a playlist, only difference being the album. But the song is the same

olejorgenb
Casual Listener

This is one of things about spotify that annoys me the most. One thing is different albums (eg . "remasterd 2018",  "best of", etc), but some albums exist multiple times. Eg. spotify:track:1tsTrRqHpmOy8CzA385ezM and spotify:track:519ZkNbtI2B9pC6rhGhbs9 - same album/song, but it seems to published twice. I would _expect_ spotify to handle cases like that seamlessly! 

Another example: spotify:album:7GfjVvF6WCVKZBe0UZli1v and spotify:album:0D7iYOSQ1pnJwjDyPdYfzk - in this case spotify even _knows_ that the albums are the same! It show a little menu bottom-right with "one more release" (but only on one of the albums.. (wth?)) - but the liked song is only marked in one of them.

Note that the open-source (mostly volunteer I assume) https://musicbrainz.org/ project solves this problem

joaoalm
Regular

I had already posted suggested something similar, but it didn't gain enough traction. I upvoted and I hope we make it this time!