[Your Music] Same Song Version duplicate Warning

I would appreciate if spotify could inform me that other versions of a certain song are already in my selection.

Eg. If I have remastered version of Kashmir by Led Zeppelin in my selection, there is no notification that would inform me that
I don't have to add original version (as can be seen in the attachments). If I forget about adding the remaster, I can accidentaly add the same song twice (or even multiple times). This also applies for song or album re-issues, compilations, live versions etc.

Kashmir I.PNGKashmir II.PNG

The solution seems simple enough. Just add a new tiny column that would inform me that I have a version of certain song already in my selection. The symbol could be exclamation mark, or it could be colour based, or whatever and upon hovering the mouse over or clicking on it would display the version(s) of the song in your selection.

I bodged together a possible way how this could look like.
The first two images are of Led Zeppelin. Bc I'm a fan I have most of their songs in my selection, though not the most popular versions, so in this case there would be a lot of exclamation marks and it would look like this:
Spotify I.jpgSpotify II.jpg

Next I have chosen a more common situation. With The Supremes I like just one different version of a song than the most popular one. So in most situations this feature could look something like this:
Spotify III.jpgSpotify IV.jpg

Please do upvote this even if you don't like this particular graphical design, but you support the general idea! ... The aforementioned design is just a suggestion not a necessity and should this idea get into Spotify, they would obviously have graphic designers to find the best solution.

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-07-27

Marked as new idea.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke