Announcements

[Your Music] Shuffle Artists Tab

Hi,

Could you put a feature on "Your Yusic" - "Artists" where you can shuffle the songs from your artist list, including all songs from followed artists. This would be very handy if you just want to listen to random songs from any of your favourite artists.

Thanks

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-08-13

Marked as new idea and edited the title to include songs for followed artists.
If you only want to shuffle through all artists' saved songs, you can just shuffle the 'Songs' tab. 😉

user-removed
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply: The only problem with that is you have to download all the albums. I was after a way of just randomly playing a song from your artists list and the function continually shuffles through the list without having to download every single album.
malheiros

Please just implement this. Dont wait for the number of kudos to increase since not all users that want that feature will ever make the effort to come here to the forum. I am a premium user and im almost leaving spotify because the lack of this feature. Your competition has this.

Thanks and just do it for your beloved customers 🙂

Best regards,

robot_tourist
Casual Listener

The follow thing at the minute is weird, it's the only way to make a list of artists you like, but you can't do anything with that list. Even if you could just shuffle play individual artists you follow it would be a good first step. At the minute I can either listen to completely random stuff via the 'radio stations' (seriously, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra radio only played one song from them and after about 15 minutes completely lost the plot and went into very different genres) or I have to search for an artist every time I want to listen to them, instead of just going to the follow list, browsing and then shuffle-playing from there.

Casual Listener

what really pisses me off is that admins pretend they don't understand what we are asking for. ok, there must me some reasons why creators don't want to implement this killer feature, but why don't they just admit so, why play fools and tell us it's already implemented by shuffling songs? am I crazy to add every single album of tens of my followed artists? this is ridiculous!

user-removed
Not applicable
Does anyone from Spotify even use their own software or are they all using Apple Music because it's better? Surely this idea has to be easy to implement with a few lines of code. They keep updating the app but with things that are unnoticeable.
Axons

The lack of this feature is a glaring oversight in an otherwise great service. I was showing the service to a friend and of course his first question was "Can I listen to a random shuffle of songs from artists I've followed?" No? Forget it then.

You can shuffle play just about everything except for the most important thing; music from the artists you like.

EDIT: I read around some more to get a better idea of the issue. I don't want to individually download songs and albums to the limited space on my phone. That's an unnecessary, time consuming, data storage waste. I have 205 followed artists. I want any song from any of them.

Under 'Your Music' my Songs tab is EMPTY. My Albums tab is EMPTY. My Artists tab is FULL.

This is what we want. Press 'Your Music". Press "Artists". Press "Shuffle all Artists".

We don't want to mess with Songs and Albums becuase we've already selected what we like. The Artists.

Axons

Actually I think I know what's going on here.

You can only efficiently shuffle the songs you've DOWNLOADED to your Songs or Albums sections. If you've downloaded them, Spotify doesn't have to stream that data. Adding a function to Shuffle all artists would DETER people from downloading the music. The more people download, the less Spotify has to stream.

Spotify doesn't want to impliment a Shuffle All Artists feature because that would mean more streaming, which means more expense for Spotify.

Money........

user-removed
Not applicable
if that is the case then it's a terrible reason seeing as this is a "streaming" service. It would be nice to hear from the company to see if this is true.
Axons

Streaming costs money. Every time.

Downloading is a one time deal.

Related Ideas