control spotify from another device

Hi,

Firstly, I’m really enjoying the Spotify experience. It marries making music accessible with a slick, intuitive software delivery vehicle (mobile app and desktop).

I have a suggestion to enhance the experience which I don't think has been mentioned. If it has, please let me know. Imagine the scenario:

·         I’m at home and I have my mobile device plugged into the speaker system as I was listening to it when I came in

·         I need to use the phone (emails, etc) so I hook up the PC in to the speaker system and use Spotify on that

·         As I’m sitting elsewhere on the phone I want to be able to control the application on the PC.

So basically, from my mobile device, I want to be able to control the ‘application in-use’. It already knows that I’m logged in elsewhere (as it won’t let me stream on two devices – and that’s absolutely fair of course, to stop multiple account abuse.) I think it would be really cool if I was able to

·         Skip a song,

·         Choose a new song

·         Choose a new playlist,

·         Change the volume

·         Basically have full control over the application that is currently playing,

all from my mobile device, while playing on the fixed device (e.g. PC).

I think this would really boost the user experience and would be applicable to a lot of your users who multi-device around the home. It would also help drive competitive advantage, as I don’t think your competitors have done this in this capacity just yet.

It would be great if you could let me know what you think.

Thanks
Mjrodgers1

A similar idea has already been suggested here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Remote-control/idi-p/15319
Add your kudos there please! ;)
0 Likes

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate

A similar idea has already been suggested here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Remote-control/idi-p/15319
Add your kudos there please! ;)