Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

extend student discount verification

I have been using spotify for years, and it's my favorite music app. However, I was really disappointed to see that the student discount can only be reverified up to 4 times. I am curious why this is the case as many students go onto graduate and even doctorate school for 2-8 more years after undergrad. I am now in a graduate program and will be for 2 and a half more years. However, Spotify will not allow me to reverify my student status and is expecting me to pay for a premium subscription. Is there a way to extend the verification process so that full time students can still listen to their favorite music? You could consider updating the verification rules so that students have to submit more information to prove they are a student. $10.99 is just a lot of money, especially when already in a lot of debt from student loans 😞 

Updated on 2024-03-21

Hey there,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 7: “No pricing, subscription or content related requests.”

Changes to pricing, subscriptions or the content available are specific to each market around the world, and we cannot influence those.

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
Maria
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2024-03-21

Hey there,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 7: “No pricing, subscription or content related requests.”

Changes to pricing, subscriptions or the content available are specific to each market around the world, and we cannot influence those.

Thanks for understanding.