Announcements

[iOS][Connect] Implement Native HomePod Support stop losing customers

Airplay is an Apple standard that allows streaming audio/video to different platforms like speakers and TVs from Apple devices.  I believe that currently, the iOS app and macOS app of the Spotify client do not support the second version of Airplay which is what the above idea is referring to.

However, my idea is solely focused on supporting Spotify on the HomePod WITHOUT having to use Airplay to connect to the speaker (i.e. natively).  This means that one could simply ask Siri on the HomePod to play music from Spotify instead of having to go to my iPhone and manually select the HomePod speaker under "AirPlay or Bluetooth".  Additionally, this should allow the HomePods to show up under the "Select a device" menu withouthaving to go through the AirPlay menu. 

Essentially, I think (although I am not sure) this means that the HomePod would be a new device added to this category of supported wireless speakers: https://spotify-everywhere.com/collections/wireless-speakers

like google has that you can say to your homepod 'hey siri play my liked songs on spotify' unlike now i have to stream!? it to my homepod

Updated on 2021-01-26

Hey @NickF_,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Elena
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2021-01-26

Hey @NickF_,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!