iOS Control Center/Lockscreen control when playing via Spotify Connect

Add possibility on iOS to control music without unlocking the device and opening the Spotify app when using Spotify Connect as audio output.

This is currently possible only when the iOS device itself is outputting audio.

This should be possible easily with iOS as Sonos is doing something similar with their app. Android already has this w/ Spotify.

Hugely important feature as it's a pain to always having to unlock device & open the app to change volume or skip track.

Updated on 2018-01-30

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-06-18

Marked as new idea.
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

mazzeger
Casual Listener

100% agreed. This is desperately needed!

wickedsight
Casual Listener

Thanks for reposting this idea.

Previously, there was discussion on whether implementation of this was feasible. By now, Sonos has managed to implement a similar feature in their app, so it is possible.

Maxval54
Visitor

It was possible to have this level of control on IOS 9. Why did it change?

mazzeger
Casual Listener

Really? It's never been available for me before. How did you manage to get it back then?

coenremmelts

Please make this possible

The_dobbo

Definitely need this feature! Please implement it! 

q34tgesdrzfbws
Casual Listener

Definitely needed! This works when playing YouTube on Chromecast, and altough I'm a long-time Spotify fan, this little detail makes it really tempting to use that platform instead...

mazzeger
Casual Listener

I was thinking the same when I saw YouTube support for this. So now that we know it's definitely possible and not restricted by Apple I'm wondering what's Spotify holding back from supporting lockscreen controls on Spotify Connect. 

snooty
Roadie

This has been implemented!