Announcements

[iOS][Developer] 2020 WatchOS 7: Apple Watch Offline Music

With the release of WatchOS 7, it should now be possible for Spotify to add offline listening capabilities to the Spotify Apple Watch app (see Apple’s new AVFoundation: “Users can play locally-synced playlists or podcasts while on the go”). Please allow subscribers to download playlists to the watch itself so non-LTE watch owners can use the service solely with an Apple Watch and Bluetooth headphones. 

Updated on 2020-09-25

Hey @Ms1995 

A similar idea has also been suggested here, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Apple-Watch-Spotify-Streaming-and-Offline-Listening/...

Regardless of status, please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Visitor

Spotify has become obsolete, there are no more excuses.. watch os 7 supports drm audio streaming. What is there to vote for? where is the update?
The app update should have been available yesterday. Pathetic!

Spotify is up in arms over Apple One but I’ll probably switch when it’s available. Spotify refusing to update the watch app to allow offline syncing is ridiculous. This is a widely requested feature and honestly at this point, basic functionality. Why would I pay for a Spotify family plan when I can get Apple Music which supports this in addition to storage, tv+, and arcade for $5 more. 

Visitor

I completely agree. Many people prefer Apple Music just due to this feature and how integrated Apple Music is on their devices. 

Casual Listener

This is typical, companies are innovative, then they get bored and just think about earning money, more money..before you notice it, customers are gone ...for real ...you don't believe me. ? well i am one of them !

I was patient enough with Spotify. They had the time to work on the iWatch 6 and Watch OS7....

Now i will cancel my familly plan and we will all in the familly be using Apple music, not because it is better but just because we can listen to the music on iwatch which Spotify refuses to work on.

Bye bye Spotify....

Marc / Spotify users for many years....but not anymore !

spotify does not have any excuse right now!

im a runnger and i want to have the possibility to have my music offline on apple watch!

i would not like to pass to apple music or other offline playback like pandora, because i love spotify! 

but please listen our words!

think about all pepole with an apple watch, if u give them this possibility more people will buy apple watch and join spotify community for running. 

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2020-09-25

Hey @Ms1995 

A similar idea has also been suggested here, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Apple-Watch-Spotify-Streaming-and-Offline-Listening/...

Regardless of status, please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂