Announcements
It looks like all’s running smoothly again! Get more info over here

[iOS][Developer] Audiobooks

I am an avid audiobook listener and a big podcast listener. I just saw that there are a few audiobooks on Spotify now which is super exciting! My one big suggestion would be to add the playing speed and 15 second rewind buttons to the audiobook play options, just like how the podcasts are set up. A lot of audiobooks are recorded very slowly and most of the audiobook listening community will play books at 1.5-2.5 listening speed. I would love to listen to more audiobooks on Spotify but The audio is excruciatingly slow with no options to speed the books up! I have seen this discussed within the audiobook and book community over the past couple days and I know there would be many more listeners if these play options were added! 

Updated on 2021-08-13

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely: “Checking for existing ideas.”

Similar ideas have already been suggested - It's well worth adding your vote to show your support:

Just as a heads-up, we've already started adding some audiobooks on Spotify! There are currently nine classic audiobooks that appear as podcasts, which will be divided into episodes corresponding to the chapters in the book. Check out all the available titles:

Sitting With The Classics

Comments
Xenia
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-08-13

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely: “Checking for existing ideas.”

Similar ideas have already been suggested - It's well worth adding your vote to show your support:

Just as a heads-up, we've already started adding some audiobooks on Spotify! There are currently nine classic audiobooks that appear as podcasts, which will be divided into episodes corresponding to the chapters in the book. Check out all the available titles:

Sitting With The Classics