Announcements

[iOS][Discover] "Trending albums for you" only shows up for a couple of minutes then it disappears.

There's this fantastic feature that shows "trending albums for me", and when I've listened to them I have enjoyed it, but it has only showed up twice so far and never stays for more than five minutes. Is is possible to make these recommendations searchable, or at least semi permanent on the home screen? I don't want to get anxious every time I see it and start screenshot-ing like a madman. Thank you.

Updated on 2022-04-05

Hey @abista 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
ImAnInsanePerson

Thank you. I agree. It blows my mind that someone makes choices like this on purpose.

Eni
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-01-05

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Peter

Hey @abista,

I agree it would be great to make some of these sections in Home searchable so you can go back to them. On that note, I think that should be the scope of the idea, without including the "semi-permanent" part.

The reason for that is that the more specific the idea is (and the narrower the focus), the easier it is to implement. Furthermore the argument to make this section permanent over other sections in Home (e.g. "Based on your recent listening") is not as strong as suggesting a repository for trending album recommendations, especially since Home is not a permanent space (cf. Search or Your Library tabs) and it changes based on your listening and the algorithm.

So, with this in mind, I'd suggest a title along the lines of:

[Home] Make "Trending albums for you" searchable

Just something to consider 🙂

ImAnInsanePerson

The home does not change based on any algorithm that i have invested in because i listen to mostly ambient music and all it suggests to me is taylor swift, drake, kanye, and some stuff passable as ambient music but is really just obnoxious noise or includes drums (you couldnt fall asleep to it)

ImAnInsanePerson

The algorithm used to be based on what you actively like or dislike and what others that listen to the same music listen to. Now it is based on what is technically in the same genre as the music you listen to the most.

LouJones

Yes please. TRENDING ALBUMS FOR YOU (me). I only got to listen to one. It’s frustrating that it disappears so fast. Spotify really doesn’t show me much new music. It sucks. I honestly mostly pay to listen to things I know I already like. 

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2022-04-05

Hey @abista 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

calimucho

Same for me, very annoying. I want that all the time.

ImAnInsanePerson

well aint that some d o g **bleep** . not enough votes to fix a broken part of the app? ridiculous.

ImAnInsanePerson

DOG SH IT E

Env: prod