[iOS] Match Spotify volume to iPhone volume

Here's a bad scenario:

* Connect iPhone to earbuds turn down the volume

* Start Spotify

* Spotify plays at max volume, regardless of the iPhone volume, blows out my ears, ouch!

What's really bad here is that if you have the iPhone connected to earbuds and crank down the volume to try to avoid this problem, then hit Play, the Spotify app dumbly ignores that volume setting and snaps back to full max volume. One way to fix this might be to detect that the user has just changed the volume. In any event, great if you could fix this because even thought I tell myself to remember this bug next time, I forget and every time my ears get blasted,

Otherwise great iPhone app, thanks!

Updated on 2018-02-20

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments

Pleeeeeeaaaaaseeeee, make this fix...I have done more damage to my ears in the 4 years of using the app, than I have done in 28 years of playing drums. Put an intern on it or something, please.

Just had this happen again just found this thread starting in 2012 and followed the trail to this comment.  I am amazed this has not been fixed yet.  When it happens not only is it dangerous to your hearing it is beyond infuriating.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-02-20

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!