[iOS] Match Spotify volume to iPhone volume

Here's a bad scenario:

* Connect iPhone to earbuds turn down the volume

* Start Spotify

* Spotify plays at max volume, regardless of the iPhone volume, blows out my ears, ouch!

What's really bad here is that if you have the iPhone connected to earbuds and crank down the volume to try to avoid this problem, then hit Play, the Spotify app dumbly ignores that volume setting and snaps back to full max volume. One way to fix this might be to detect that the user has just changed the volume. In any event, great if you could fix this because even thought I tell myself to remember this bug next time, I forget and every time my ears get blasted,

Otherwise great iPhone app, thanks!

Updated on 2018-02-20

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2017-02-26

Marked as new idea.

This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

This is not only a pain but dangerous for my ear health!!! Use common sense and implement this ASSP. Stop waiting for 25+ votes when people have been asking this for years!

Stop restoring the volume on devices without my consent to do so. 

Regular

Also part of this issue is the level of the ring tone and notification sounds. When you plug in headphones I think it is best if the Spotify app set the ring and notification sound volume to the same level as the music.

However, when you connect to an external device via Spotify connect. The ring tone and notification volume should be returned to the values set in the iOS preferences. In this situation - Only the music volume should be adjusted by Spotify app.

If the app does not return the ring tone and notification sounds to the preset levels for the phone it is far too easy to miss calls and messages.

This is because It is completely counter intuitive to adjust the phones ring tone volume in the Spotify app when listening on an external Spotify connect device. When in this connected mode you expect Spotify to control only the volume of the external device playing the music.

For example if I am waiting for a call on my phone I will turn the music down on my connected Hi-Fi using my Spotify app so I can hear the phone ring. But at present the Spotify app also reduces the volume of the ring tone. Which does not make sense.

Another example - I use the Spotify app to set a low level for listening to music - this at present reduces the volume of the ring tone. I mute the external connected Hi-Fi using its own button. Now I must remember to unload the Spotify app to restore the ring tone volume to that set in in phones preferences. This is easy to forget to do and I start missing calls as the ring tone is too quiet. 

Thanks.

This is kind of rediculous. My issue seems to be narrowed down to the iphone app. If I listen to anything on the phone app then for any reason use my phone as a controller, for the music playing from the pc, it will set spotify's volume to max (which is what the player has set, but not the systems volume). The max volume will be carried over to the phone app (max volume=max ios volume) so on the next play when I put headphones in and the phone cranks out full volume and I get a taste of the Normandy scene in Saving Private Ryan. 

I don't think this was an issue in previous iterations of the app. I know if iOs just had a dedicated volume slider in the quick pull up menu, this also wouldn't be an issue. But To solve this problem i have to close the app on my phone everytime I want to play music anywhere else or suffer the consequences. Please Fix this. 

Also sorry for spelling errors wrote this on mobile. 

Pleeeeeeaaaaaseeeee, make this fix...I have done more damage to my ears in the 4 years of using the app, than I have done in 28 years of playing drums. Put an intern on it or something, please.

Just had this happen again just found this thread starting in 2012 and followed the trail to this comment.  I am amazed this has not been fixed yet.  When it happens not only is it dangerous to your hearing it is beyond infuriating.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-02-20

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!