Announcements

[iOS][Music] Explicit content improvements needed

Hi. I see a couple improvements needed related to the explicit content filter:

• Explicit songs should not merely be grayed out; they shouldn't even show up.
  • The content filter should be device-specific. I.e. play everything on my desktop, filter songs on the old phone my son sometimes uses. Somewhere on this website, Spotify claims "If you apply the setting on your phone, it doesn't filter explicit content for the same account on the desktop app." This is simply NOT true.
  • Sometimes artists release a "clean" version of an album, and an explicit version. I can find the clean version pretty easily on the desktop app, but have not been able to find clean versions on the iOS app.

Thanks.

Updated on 2019-06-20

It's better to post each suggestion in it's separate thread. That way, users can vote on each one of your ideas.

Just be sure to check out if the idea is already there. If it's not, submit it after reading the idea submission guidelines.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-06-20

It's better to post each suggestion in it's separate thread. That way, users can vote on each one of your ideas.

Just be sure to check out if the idea is already there. If it's not, submit it after reading the idea submission guidelines.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂