[iOS][Music] Option to Disable Behind the Lyrics

I think that you should have the choice of disabling behind the lyrics in settings because I would always swipe down on the album cover to exit the screen but now I can't because of behind the lyrics which makes my music listening experience bad

Hey folks. We don't have plans to make it optional to disable Behind The Lyrics. We'll let you know if we make any improvements to this feature though. For now you can click on the arrow in the top left corner or just swipe down on the Now Playing View in order to leave the feature. 

(Changed from "Implemented Status", as many of you mentioned in the comments - the topic will continue in this idea.)

Related Ideas

Comments
Riktorscale
Concert Regular

I would definitely like to have a way to turn this feature off. I want to be able to glance at my phone and see what is playing, not type which is small and often upside down on my phone in its armband 

FeFro
Regular

Behind the Lyrics causes problems with cover images on my car hifi. I connected my iPhone via Bluetooth to my car in order to listen to Spotify. Every song that features "Genius Behind the Lyrics" doesn't have a cover image. For the rest of the songs the cover images are displayed. I suppose the problem is, that Genius is displayed in the app instead of the cover image. This is very annoying. None of the other music applications cause such a problem. Why does Spotify display Behind the Lyrics by default? I'm not sure if this is what the majority of users want. It can't be a big deal to integrate a "deaktivate" option for Genius. Sad.

kiwiee
Regular

imninclined to agree with most people in this comment thread. 

Without getting angry, most of my usage of Spotify mobile comes whilst I'm driving and (especially in the uk as of yesterday, now that using your phone can see 6 points on your licence) it's a huge distraction, and a huge potential problem for anyone who uses the easy-swipe to change songs. Most of the time before this I was able to barely move my eyes, if at all, to control what I'm listening to. But with this feature now enabled by default, and with the screen constantly changing and pulling my eyes down from the road every five seconds. Not to mention now I have to swipe up for practically every song on my playlists whilst I'm driving. It's significantly changed the app from being driving friendly to very, very unfriendly. it's becoming more of a nuisance than something constructive, and something that is making me genuinely consider my future with Spotify.

I have used the feature before. It can be genuinely alright to see. But to have it push to the front for every song, automatically, with no option to disable is just undoubtedly the wrong option in my eyes. 

I know it's there. I'm happy to see the feature when it's behind an album cover. But please, leave it there. Don't force something into me that I'm not interested in. Especially when I'm trying to drive.

aredd29
Regular

I agree with everyone here that I would love an option to turn off the behind the lyrics.  Please make that an option for the IOS based app!

jorgealmeidars
Concert Regular

We all want to turn off this annoying feature. It's time to Spotify fix it. We all pay for Spotify and we have to be listenning!

Gabbyhorn2
Regular

This is a nice feature...if I had the option of using f it vs. not using it. It's extremely inconvenient to have this feature use up my data when I have the app open for a while. It is also annoying when it freezes due to the lyrics loading. Please change!!

Graceface987
Regular

The new update has gotten worse! Now behind the lyrics will automatically pop up, hiding the album artwork. Honestly this a HUGE distraction while driving because I have my phone on the vent and with the constant movements of lyrics and history, my eyes shift towards it, causing me to leave my eyes from the road. Spotify please fix this situation because I feel like this may cause accidents!

kuuungen55
Regular

Dear Spotify,

If you care about your PAYING customers at all, then give us the option to disable the "Behind the lyrics" **bleep**. You're basically advertising Genius, and we PAY for Spotify without ads. So atleast give your paying customers the option to turn it off, or watch many of us leave. But who knows, maybe you don't even care. 

youlistene
Regular

Behind the Lyrics is making the experience less friendly. I do not care about the lyrics, I want to see the album art.

youlistene
Regular

Id rather see the artwork and have the option to go to the lyrics if needed. By blocking the album cover, its an extra step to swipe off 'lyrics' to see whats going on. You built the system to turn on, make a button to turn off.