[iOS][Partnership] Lyric Mode

I understand this has been heavily requested and posted about before. However, the original post is nearing its 4th birthday with tens of thousands of likes and no introduction of the feature.

Spotify partners with Genius to supply certain songs with lyrics and fun facts. However, Genius, I would say, has the lyrics to nearly every song on Spotify. Very few songs I see actually use the lyric feature or have the lyrics incorporated, instead, utilizing the short, looping video feature.

Apple Music has a gorgeous interface for showing lyrics that play with the song called Live Lyrics. I would adore to see a Spotify version of this feature, and I’m sure with the team that Spotify has, they could make a better and more visually appealing spin on this.

If anything, I’d really like to see an option to m remove the fun facts off of each song and just see the lyrics. The fun facts are fun, but I’d rather sing along with the song.

A lot of people like to sing along to songs, and it’s annoying to have to switch between looking up the song on Genius and finding the song on Spotify. I don’t see why Spotify teams with Genius but doesn’t fully use their wide library of lyrics.

Updated on 2020-02-17

Hey @val-wit 

As you mentioned, a similar Idea has also been suggested, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Music-Please-bring-back-the-Lyrics-Feature/idi-p...

If possible, vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2020-02-17

Hey @val-wit 

As you mentioned, a similar Idea has also been suggested, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Music-Please-bring-back-the-Lyrics-Feature/idi-p...

If possible, vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂