Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Full Playlist Description

Dear Spotify, 

I have a feature request based on playlists.

Playlist Descriptions. I would like if you let playlist descriptions be longer and have a more button that pulls up the full description. There’s a photo provided on how it would look like.

Thank you.

IMG_7158.jpg
IMG_7159.PNG

Updated on 2023-08-04

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Pedrinhovalle

C'mon guys! We're still waiting! Such a little detail!!

fratyd

Is this a joke? It’s 2021 and i still can’t read the full descriptions.

You’re better than this, Spotify! 

DutchTulips

imagine how many likes there would be if you didn't have to click the like button twice... what's up Spotify?  screwing bands not enough to tickle your fancy you gonna screw everyone now?  get it together you can pass this note along to your decision makers please.

Jacob
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2021-03-17

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active and recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request I encourage you to post your idea again in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Ver
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2021-10-28

Hey everyone,

This idea has been inactive for quite a while now.

We've discussed it internally once more and this is not something that we plan on implementing in the foreseeable future and will be setting the status to closed, to match our new Idea Exchange statuses.

More info on why the idea has been closed can be found here.

Komodough

I would really appreciate having this feature. It feels like it should be easy: just tap the ellipse or a read more button and the rest of the description expands or pops up in a little box. At the very least tell us where the cut off line is when were writing the description so we could make it fit for ios.

mmmmmhhj2419

2022, nearly 2023 and still waiting for this feature 😞

hopsdaydream

if you are on IOS a trick i did was i copy and pasted the whole description (including the …) into my notes and it shown me the full thing (:

_etw5-j758aj

no because why haven't they added this feature??? it's a completely reasonable request... matter of fact they should just get rid of playlist descriptions on mobile altogether if they're not gonna be functional💀 

please.

JacobResch

I hope this gets added soon. So frustrating for longer playlist descriptions