Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Playlists] Reinstate “Last Updated” on playlists

As from version 8.5.46 on IOS, you can no longer swipe left to find out when a playlist was last updated.

Can this feature be reinstated as it’s really quick useful way to check large playlists and when they were last updated.

Updated on 2021-07-01

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Bhushan

sir Set the feature to adjust the sound and watch the video as per your choice. Please I requested you earlier too.

cr8ivelistener

Has there been any update/response on this since it was raised in February? Thank you,

Discomel

Yes, it seems this playlist feature was re-instated and now (again) has gone away. Very annoying! It seems there’s a push for a more “modern” look to Spotify now—an emphasis on aesthetic that is for some reason at the expense of basic features that were actually useful. 

please bring back the last updated feature!! 

dukedukeduke

I can't believe this is regarded as a 'new idea'.

If it was removed for a reason, the idea of reintroducing it would be a waste of time.

It feels like this was removed by accident and now we have to go through the drawn out process to reintroduce. 

Poor form, Spotify

revdocrandy

Adding my voice to those requesting the reinstatement of this essential feature. 

I had been away from Spotify for a few months. When I came back, this was the feature I’ve missed the most. 

Knowing when the playlists I follow are last updated is really helpful info. 

Tarek_TAD

I am sure that Spotify will keep ignoring us regarding this idea and I don't think that they ever cared about ideas we posted here as there are many other brilliant ideas with many users votes yet they ignored them all as Spotify is like other big companies want us to think that our ideas can really change anything but in reality this is just a big fat LIE.

Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-05-20

According to the Idea Exchange Guidelines, the place to submit constructive criticism of an update is the relevant Help section of the Community. For more information, check out the Guidelines here.

Ver
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-06-21

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community and sharing your feedback with us.

It looks like quite a lot of people feel the same way! Keep adding your votes and feedback to this idea and we’ll look into it again if it gets sufficient votes within the next couple of months.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Mihail
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-07-01

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

akiko_

I hope this fetaure will be added soon as many people are wanting it back. I think that since spotify has not yet modified it, maybe spotify aims for the app to have a more professional and modern view or design. Maybe they should add a feature where you can turn your spotify playlist as it was before and then revert it back if the person wants. So people who want to see the date a song was added they can but the people who are not intresed they can keep their spotify playlist untuched. This feature I think would be very versitile and would give the user choice to like personalise their playlist and choose how they want it to be seen/organised.

THIS IS ONLY A OPINION 🙂