Announcements

[iOS][Playlists] add a "dont replay songs for 3 or 6 months" button

I hate hearing the same old songs over and over even if I like them. there should be a time limit you can turn on to not replay songs unless you go to it and play it on purpose.

Updated on 2022-03-19

Hello again!

It looks like your Idea has not gathered the minimum of 180 +VOTES within 6 months, so unfortunately it has to be marked as Closed - Not Enough Votes

However, it's still open for voting! Even with a Closed status Spotify Staff will still be tracking this idea and its votes. 

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here. 

Thanks again for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange and have a great day! 

Comments
MafeG
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-09-02

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

HuskyDude

I never really thought about this but I do love this idea.

I have a playlist of around 200 songs and while I like all of them, sometimes I just don't wanna listen to the same song over and over again and just let it rest.

So I really hope Spotify will look into this!

Aeryon616

I really like this idea. It would be nice to have that option as a general option or per playlist. I have a few sizable playlist and I get the same songs too often, so it would be nice to have that option and enjoy the entirety of my playlists, as well as other large playlists. 

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-14

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

ScottAndMin

I like this idea. One possible problem with this would be that songs with lots of live/alternate versions wouldn't be recognized by this option as the same song.

It might be a good idea to have something in the metadata that would identify them all as (different versions of) the same song. If you _do_ decide to make it possible for users to easily contribute additions/corrections to your metadata (another suggestion in this list), the additional value in your metadata could be populated with minimal impact on your developers.  🙂

jkenmax

ScottAndMin - "It might be a good idea to have something in the metadata that would identify them all as (different versions of) the same song. If you _do_ decide to make it possible for users to easily contribute additions/corrections to your metadata (another suggestion in this list), the additional value in your metadata could be populated with only a minor impact on your developers."

this would great! what would also be great is to be able to turn off live performances and covers of songs you havent liked or went to on purpose

Emilia_8
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-03-19

Hello again!

It looks like your Idea has not gathered the minimum of 180 +VOTES within 6 months, so unfortunately it has to be marked as Closed - Not Enough Votes

However, it's still open for voting! Even with a Closed status Spotify Staff will still be tracking this idea and its votes. 

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here. 

Thanks again for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange and have a great day! 

newgreyarea
Spoiler
It would be useful if I could tell my “Liked Songs “ playlist not to repeat anything for a given period of time. Like a month or two. I have a ton of stuff in there and we mostly just put that playlist on at the house and let it shuffle around but I am finding that even though it has 8k+ songs to choose from it sure picks a handful of those very often. It would be cool to put this playlist on everyday and not hear the same tracks I heard the day before and the day before  and the day before. I’m actually shocked at how not-random the shuffle feature tends to be. 😂
newgreyarea

Please implement something like this. I know it’s nerdy and only “power users” would get the most out of it but it shouldn’t be that difficult to implement. My “liked songs” has about 10k tracks and it seems to still play the same 5 or so every time I play randomly. How is that possible?!? I’m beginning to think Spotify is doing some pay-to-play BS. 

Env: prod