[iOS][Radio] Bring back Spotify Radio

One of my favorite parts of Spotify was the radio, and I wish it hadn’t been removed. I love the fact that the Spotify team tries so hard to generate new playlists similar to songs you may like, but it isn’t the same. The radio may have been pretty much a playlist, but I loved being able to have it change with a few likes or dislikes. It helped expand my music selection drastically, and I wish it was still around. I also loved being able to start radios based on songs, or artists, because it was very good at giving suggested songs based on the criteria. Here’s to hoping that one day I could either get the radio feature back, or at least something similar. 

Updated on 2019-07-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Radio-Thumbs-up-down-in-radio/idi-p/4669906

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
TrueCherokee

Agreed.  I still have access to something akin to what Spotify's playlist radio was like, in that it can generate a list of songs based off of my playlist.  Its dissimilar in that I can "like" songs to add them to my "Like Songs" part of the library, but I am no longer able to directly tailor that radio station.  No thumbs up/down option anymore (as of right now anyway).  Instead if its an artist I'm not a fan of, but is in the same style of music as my playlist, now I just have to suck it up.  One of the features I pay for premium for is their playlist functionality; if it is just going to be a list of suggested songs, then screw that.  I'm better off using something like Pandora.  Spotify keeps getting negative reactions when they remove features from the radio, so I don't understand why they persist in doing so; add to it, don't give me less for the same money.

b_young

Radio stations have become static.  The fact that they no longer change and develop with liking and disliking songs/artists means we have tons of static playlists, somehow all under different categories.  The GREAT thing about Spotify is that it used to be the best of all players because it did what Pandora does (through radio liking and disliking).  It did what other players do, too.  BUT- it did what other players could not!  When you start taking away features (this seems like taking steps backwards to me, not developing forward), then I have to start considering other players instead.  This is a sad takeaway for me and will certainly lead to us not using "Family Spotify" anymore, and may lead me to cancel my account all together.

Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-07-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Radio-Thumbs-up-down-in-radio/idi-p/4669906

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.