[iOS] Remove the Airplane Mode Notification

Hi,

I enjoy being able to store songs locally and listen to Spotify on the plane.

However, when I sleep my phone and open Spotify, or when I switch to another app and then switch back to Spotify, I get a "Turn Off Airplane Mode or Use Wi-Fi to Access Data" error. 

This window is incredibly annoying. Is there a way to turn it off? Would be VERY helpful for long plane rides.

Thanks,

Charlie

Updated on 2017-06-24

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-07-01

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

user-removed
Not applicable

I see no need for their to be a notification AT ALL. We know our device is on airplane mode... We put it on airplane mode!

It's not even for flights, I frequently put on airplane mode to save battery. This notification is stupidly annoying to the point where I'm considering going Apple, purely based on this.

SM1977

Please address this suggestion!  It is incredibly annoying to have this message pop up everytime I open the app to change tracks.  Maybe set it to pop once after airplane mode has been set, and then never again until the phone is put back in wi-fi/cell data mode and then placed back in airplane mode.

ssvpv8
Casual Listener

I feel like there puposley making this hard to vote for 

ssvpv8
Casual Listener
  • This is good idea
Tobi20044
Casual Listener

I completely agree, please fix this annoying behavior. 

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2017-06-24

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!