[iOS][Social] Listen to music on multiple devices with synchronized audio

Spotify should make an update in which it is allowed to listen to the same music on multiple devices, with the audio synchronized. It would be very useful in quarantine times, when we cannot leave our houses to see our friends, but that way we could have a kind of “party“, each one in their homes. I think people would like it.

Updated on 2020-05-29

Hey @lialrt 

A similar idea has also been suggested here, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Real-Time-quot-Listen-With-quot-feature/idi-p/100613

Regardless of status, please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Visitor

it really would be very useful and fun. i’d love it. spotify please make this update happen!!

Visitor

I completely agree and think this would be awesome! My friend and I thought the group session would be able to do that but it doesnt. If we could sync up and quarantine and vibe that would be dope!

Casual Listener

I have desired this function for a long time!
Even if we're on the same room I just enjoy to synchronize music on both our devices and get simply sorrounded!

Union is power

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2020-05-29

Hey @lialrt 

A similar idea has also been suggested here, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Real-Time-quot-Listen-With-quot-feature/idi-p/100613

Regardless of status, please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Good news!

The new Group Session (beta) feature allows groups of 2-5 people to listen together simultaneously in the mobile app all online no matter where everyone is located. 💚 🏘🌎 🔊

For more info on this new feature and how to use it read the news article and the support article

You and your friends/family can now each listen to the same content at the same time on your own devices (as well as control playback). You can start a group session by sharing a “join” link via messaging apps or social media with each other. Group sessions currently support 2-5 people in the same session.

With this feature you can also control the playback of the music when everyone is in the same room like a party mode. Listen on one device and control it from multiple devices in the same room.

This feature is still rolling out, so make sure your Spotify app is up to date.

Click or tap the Connect menu in the bottom-left corner of the play screen and scroll down to "Start a group session." Then, share the invite link with your guests or have them scan the Spotify code to join the session.

Note: Group Session is in Beta, which means it’s being tested and features could change.