[iOS][Your Library] See all songs in library

I used to use Spotify a few years ago, and I want to use it again. However, it seems the feature to view all songs added to my library is gone. It is ridiculous to have to go through and like every song to create a playlist with all of my music. What happened to the feature allowing me to scroll through all of my songs and shuffle all? I want to come back to Spotify from Apple Music, but I refuse to use a platform that doesn't allow me to view and shuffle all of my music. I won't spend my time liking every song on every one of my playlists to put it in a playlist when there should already be a section dedicated to this.

Updated on 2019-08-24

Hey there @jaaeln,

Thanks for your suggestion! It's feedback like yours that helps improve the Spotify experience for everyone. You can find your Liked Songs under Your LibraryLiked Songs. This sounds like a duplicate of this other Idea, so I'll be closing this Idea.

There's also more info about the new Spotify experience over at the Spotify Newsroom.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else - I'm here for you 🙂

Comments
DWhyYou
Visitor

Well said. Why get rid of the song section and make it a playlist? What's the point? Also hate how the now playlist doesn't even have the easily accessible search bar anymore, whenever I want to listen to a specific song now it's such a hassle. Why does it feel like Spotify moves 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards with every new update they bring? Seriously frustrated right now.

jaaeln
Casual Listener

Additionally, I often shuffle all of my saved songs by an artist. Now, when I go to an artist's page, it is their Spotify page rather than all of the songs I have by them. There is no simple way for me to play all songs by an artist, which is extremely frustrating.

jaaeln
Casual Listener

I currently use Apple Music. While Spotify has much better curated playlists (which is mainly why I'd like to switch over), Apple Music has the following benefits: it allows me to see all of the songs in my library and see all of the songs of a particular artist in my library, it is extremely easy to view song lyrics - just scroll down, and the "play later" feature in addition to play next is nice for adding a song to the end of my queue. If Spotify rectified even just the first two of these issues, I'd switch over in a heartbeat. Most of my friends also use Spotify; although I found an app that transfers playlists between the plaforms, I would so much rather just use the same platform. So frustrating when Spotify has had these great features and took them away.

jaaeln
Casual Listener

@DWhyYou I did discover that in the Spotify for Mac app I can copy and paste songs from playlists into the Liked Songs playlist, which automatically likes large batches of songs instead of going through and doing it one by one. Also, the Mac app for Spotify allows you to search and filter playlists. However, I agree they should have it on the mobile version. Apple Music does not have either of these options on mobile either, but on my Mac in Apple Music and in Spotify you can sort playlists by name, artist, etc - a feature they should incorporate to mobile versions.

Lisaragland
Visitor

Why oh why did you get rid of “songs” in my library??? Since the new update a few things are missing! The “songs” as well as the “search bar”. Spotify was so easy to use.  IT’S NOT THAT WAY ANYMORE!  Please change it back! Seriously considering usining another source for my music

Rock Star 2
Rock Star 2

Hi,

I think I don't really understand your problem. With the old library you had to save a song, now you have to like it. When you like it they will be automatically collected in the favorites playlist, from there you download all your song, or shuffle, or both.

Can you please explain?

Thanks!

René

DWhyYou
Visitor

@Rene01 it just makes things unnecessarily complicated. Before when I liked an album I clicked Save, the album would be saved and all of the songs on the album would automatically be added to my Songs. Now when I save an album, I also have to like either the whole album (which just doesn't make sense to me, if I save an album I obviously like it, why do I have to like it separately?) or like all of the songs individually. There is an option to like the whole album at once when you go to More Options, but it just seems like such an unnecessary step that doesn't make any sense. In general none of this makes sense, like what is the benefit of turning the songs section into a playlist but then also subsequently getting rid of the search bar? How does that improve the user experience in any way? Hope that cleared things up

Lisaragland
Visitor
Exactly, thank you!
Rock Star 2
Rock Star 2

@DWhyYou,

I understand your point. But there were also users who got confused when they added one song to their library, the whole album was in the albums list and the artist was in your artist list. So when you only like beat it, thriller was added to your albums and Michael Jackson was in your artist list but maybe I don't want them to be there, now I can decide which songs are in my favorites playlist, which albums show up in my album list and which artists show up in the artist list.

Regards,

René

Beanypluscecil
Casual Listener

I completely agree with you! Give us access to play at random through our entire libraries!! I got a new phone days ago, and after logging in, was joyed to see access to my entire library, and even click shuffle :,D tears of joy!! Only an hour or two later my library access was denied.... How very frustrating! 

If people only want to like certain songs off certain albums, that is much easier to do by clicking heart, on the individual songs that you like off an album.

Sending out an S.O.S. (shuffle our songs)