Announcements

[iOS][Your Music] Link albums and artists back to your library and not to the catalog view.

In the most recent spotify update, any catagory of music except for "Albums" and "Artists" has been removed. "Artists" now only shows the artists you follow, and "Albums" now only show full albums that you have saved (so if you have one or two songs saved in that album, it won't show up there). There is currently no way to change this back to the old layout, and this is inconvenient if you would like to see your entire library under "albums" and "artists." 

Spotify should, consequently, either return to the previous layout or add an option for these two tabs to organize your entire library. This will make it far more convenient for Spotify users to access their library, as well as listen to music from specific albums or artists without being forced to listen to the entire discography of an artist or an entire album if they do not wish to do so.

Attached belowis an image the new layout for reference.  

IMG_1201.PNG
spotify-mobile-bibliothek.png

Updated on 2019-04-12

Hello everyone,

Similar ideas have also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-back-Artist-page-that-contains-saved-...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-Spotify-s-old-UI-back/idi-p/4674895

Please vote for them, and add a comment there, so they may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Casual Listener

Oh my god, what a hideous UI layout. They'd better not bring that over to Android. I will never understand Spotify's obsession with changing perfectly good features, or even worse, removing them entirely, without a solution to remedy their trash change! They're so out of touch, it boggles the mind. The developers must soley use Apple Music to be able to impose these horrible changes on Spotify users and sleep at night. If they've used their own app, they'd revert the terrible changes right away.

Totally agree. Currently thinking about switching to Apple Music if this will not be resolved soon. I want to be able to listen to just those songs that I have saved from an album, usually excluding bonus tracks. 

Music Fan
Why don't Spotify make an annoucement about this unusable mess??

Honestly I don’t get how they think that changing the artist and album features was a good idea! It’s such a waste of time having to go to “liked songs” and on the filter bar write the artist that I wanna listen to, I mean come on guys! thats so dumb! I really hope they read these comments and do something because we are not paying a monthly subscription to be ignored.

Need this to come back! Made an account on here specifically to request the return of this feature. So much more convenient to explore your saved music by artist rather than one fat folder of 'liked songs'. (Also an Android user but saw this thread first)

I AGREE.

The new layout is extremely inconvenient.  The inability to search music saved offline is a huge bummer.  

@__spo__ - please bring back the old UI!

Casual Listener

I posted about this too. I really hope they fix this and if not I’ll be taking my business to another service because this is just absurd. There was no reason to change this feature the way that they did as it does not make the app function any better than the previous version. DONT FIX WHAT ISNT BROKEN SPOTIFY!! 🤬🤬🤬

Casual Listener

So, can we at least get an answer about this from Spotify staff? As paying customers, we deserve AT LEAST to know whether the old layout will be back soon.

If you don’t plan to bring it back, that’s OK, but I’m leaving for another music streaming service at the end of the month and I don’t think I’ll be the only one in this case (well that’s a shame to tell the truth, but that’s your private company and you're free to do whatever you want with it - but you’re about to lose a good number of customers believe me).  

Casual Listener

(Actually I’ve just subscribed to Apple Music’s free 3-month trial, and their UI is smarter, lighter in every meaning of the word, and their app is overall better thought out anyway. So after almost 5 years I’m bidding farewell to Spotify)

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-04-12

Hello everyone,

Similar ideas have also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-back-Artist-page-that-contains-saved-...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-Spotify-s-old-UI-back/idi-p/4674895

Please vote for them, and add a comment there, so they may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂