[iOS][Your Music] Link albums and artists back to your library and not to the catalog view.

In the most recent spotify update, any catagory of music except for "Albums" and "Artists" has been removed. "Artists" now only shows the artists you follow, and "Albums" now only show full albums that you have saved (so if you have one or two songs saved in that album, it won't show up there). There is currently no way to change this back to the old layout, and this is inconvenient if you would like to see your entire library under "albums" and "artists." 

Spotify should, consequently, either return to the previous layout or add an option for these two tabs to organize your entire library. This will make it far more convenient for Spotify users to access their library, as well as listen to music from specific albums or artists without being forced to listen to the entire discography of an artist or an entire album if they do not wish to do so.

Attached belowis an image the new layout for reference.  

IMG_1201.PNG
spotify-mobile-bibliothek.png

Updated on 2019-04-12

Hello everyone,

Similar ideas have also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-back-Artist-page-that-contains-saved-...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-Spotify-s-old-UI-back/idi-p/4674895

Please vote for them, and add a comment there, so they may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)

Comments
Grizzlybear2313
Regular

I really hope they take this idea. When I went in to Spotify today to try and listen to a specific artist and found out that that section was removed, I was very disappointed. This has made the app worse in my opinion. I don't know why they thought this change was a good idea. I really hope they bring back the full song, artist, and album sections. Also, they made it even harder to search for a specific song that you want to listen to. You used to scroll up on the song section and there was a search bar. Now, you have to go to the top right ... button and hit another button to pull up the search bar just to look for the song.

Bdelf978

I completely agree with this suggestion. I saved  a number of songs with the intention of putting them into a playlist — now they’re gone or at least inaccessible. In addition, I found several artists I was supposedly following who I’d never heard of. I rarely listen to whole albums, and I’m more likely to shuffle my song library than create playlists. 

For a a company that prides itself on great UX, eliminating songs in the library  was a horrible change. 

ruefus

I agree this new layout is bad. It's not how I want to access my music.  

I just never understand why companies have this "If it's not broken, fix it anyway" attitude. 

Spotify used to have a nice bar down the right side of the artists page (songs page too, I think) that made it easy to quicky touch scroll to the artists starting with that letter. Then they got rid of that, so you have to flick down through all of your artists until you fly past the one you were looking for and have to go back. 

Now, you can't even see your artists at all. I just don't understand what their motivations are behind these bad changes. I can only assume that they want to discourage users from choosing specific artists and songs. There's probably some kind of business reason behind it. Something like people are listening to songs that are expensive for Spotify to play, so they configure their UI in a way that makes it harder to find your exact song(s). 

I know it's annoying when people say stuff like this, but I might need to find a new music service. Spotify is just getting worse and worse. 

Nikpratt

Hate the new layout I want to select an artist and have it play all my saved songs from them (from multiple albums) really want to old way back 

@happycomposer wrote:

In the most recent spotify update, any catagory of music except for "Albums" and "Artists" has been removed. "Artists" now only shows the artists you follow, and "Albums" now only show full albums that you have saved (so if you have one or two songs saved in that album, it won't show up there). There is currently no way to change this back to the old layout, and this is inconvenient if you would like to see your entire library under "albums" and "artists." 

Spotify should, consequently, either return to the previous layout or add an option for these two tabs to organize your entire library. This will make it far more convenient for Spotify users to access their library, as well as listen to music from specific albums or artists without being forced to listen to the entire discography of an artist or an entire album if they do not wish to do so.

Attached belowis an image the new layout for reference.  

augmentedchild

I really dislike this new layout as well! By removing the artists, it also restricts us from listening to the songs we saved for certain artists offline. I also don't like the fact that we can't see our most recently played playlists/album/artists. Having that list made listening to music stress-free, as we are able to quickly find our latest listens. I really hope Spotify is able to fix this situation ASAP, as it is very inconvenient and annoying. Spotify should just stick to the old layout and stop making such radical changes that only disappoint longtime and loyal users. 

auratilis
Casual Listener

this update is just awful. it needs a lot of time to find some music and end discouraging listen to music, due to not remembering where’s the music at. you can’t search offline songs, you can’t see what’s is in each album and you can’t save one music and find it in an album. please if not possible to turn back let it be an option to use old layout. asap!!!!!

Allie10

Agreed! I like seeing my downloaded songs in the order i downloaded them. This new update SUCKS. If it doesnt get fixed definitely cancelling my subscription. 

LuPaw
Visitor

They better return it to the old way very fast.

I am a long time user of spotify but this update has got me looking for alternatives.

IT REALLY SUCKS!

sunytano
Visitor

Agreed, this layout is really bad. Please revert to the previous one!

yname_
Visitor

I was about to submit same thing! I want to be able to shuffle my saved songs by artist again. This is how I listen to my music the most.