Announcements

[iOS][Your Music] Link albums and artists back to your library and not to the catalog view.

In the most recent spotify update, any catagory of music except for "Albums" and "Artists" has been removed. "Artists" now only shows the artists you follow, and "Albums" now only show full albums that you have saved (so if you have one or two songs saved in that album, it won't show up there). There is currently no way to change this back to the old layout, and this is inconvenient if you would like to see your entire library under "albums" and "artists." 

Spotify should, consequently, either return to the previous layout or add an option for these two tabs to organize your entire library. This will make it far more convenient for Spotify users to access their library, as well as listen to music from specific albums or artists without being forced to listen to the entire discography of an artist or an entire album if they do not wish to do so.

Attached belowis an image the new layout for reference.  

IMG_1201.PNG
spotify-mobile-bibliothek.png

Updated on 2019-04-12

Hello everyone,

Similar ideas have also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-back-Artist-page-that-contains-saved-...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-Spotify-s-old-UI-back/idi-p/4674895

Please vote for them, and add a comment there, so they may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Casual Listener

This is EXACTLY how I feel nickremo!

Ditto all these comments I am actually flabbergated that Spotify can be so stupid as to remove a function which makes the service customisable. That is excatly what we pay for.  Change for the sake of changes sake. It wasn't broken and now you've made it worse!

Nothing more to say other than I wholeheartedly agree. 

Visitor

Totally agree...don't want to "follow" the artist...Just want to select the artist and have the albums I saved in my library show up there...it was really simple before! I vote that the next update puts back that option.

Casual Listener

Do it on Android as well and bring back the Songs tab, please!

I am on the same boat! This update makes me want to cancel my subscription- it is not user friendly at all!

I truly hope Spotify listens to this, the new version made it impossible to listen to the songs in your library. Honestly, if they don’t change this i will sadly cancel my plan and try Apple Music or Tidal.

This is terrible. Used spotify once today. Won't be using it till it's fixed.

Visitor

It appears everyone has the same opinion about how bad the updated layout is.  Hopefully Spotify has a team of people who are reading these comments and reporting back to their design team and advising them to tweak the layout so we can search by artist and album again.  I'll give them about 30 days to provide an update with the fixes or I'll be cancelling and going to another music provider with a more user friendly setup.  Stop fixing what isn't broken!

Visitor

I could not agree more! This has been extremely inconvenient for accessing my liked and recently played music. I have no idea what they were thinking when they rolled out this update, but would highly consider ditching my subscription if this issue isn’t resolved quickly. It’s not intuitive and makes it increasingly more difficult to navigate.