Forum Posts

[Desktop] [Mac] [Other] Support for Split View on macOS desktop

Hey there! OS X El Capitan introduced Split View multitasking which allows you to scale 2 apps side by side in fullscreen. Unfortunately, Spotify does not have support for this feature which was launched nearly a year ago. It gets really frustrating ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there!   OS X El Capitan introduced Split View multitasking which allows you to scale 2 apps side by side in fullscreen. Unfortunately, Spotify does not have support for this fea...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 2 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 2 votes

[All Platforms][Other] Permalink public URL to share anything: playlist, song, album, artist, ...

I don't know why you wouldn't provide a super easy way to share music more publicly (of course, to listen, people would have to register). But let me create a permalink to anything, e.g., a public playlist I've created. And let me promote it anyway t...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't know why you wouldn't provide a super easy way to share music more publicly (of course, to listen, people would have to register).  But let me create a permalink to anything, e.g., a pub...
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 3 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 3 comments
  • 0 votes

[All Platforms][Other] Password reset requires additional info

This is probably not a very common problem, but it's one I have anywhere from 5 to 50 times a week. My spotify account username is just my first name and I get a lot of password reset emails from people mistyping or hitting enter too soon, or I suppo...

• Casual Listener
  • This is probably not a very common problem, but it's one I have anywhere from 5 to 50 times a week. My spotify account username is just my first name and I get a lot of password reset emails fro...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[All Platforms][Other] Don't play ads twice in a row

Hi I've been using Spotify for a while now and one thing that has always bothered me is that ads often play twice...it might be an attempt at really capturing someones attention, but to be frank it's just annoying. If I don't like what I'm hearing th...

• Casual Listener
  • ...f songs, but if it plays twice right after each other that is when it's annoying. 
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 3 comments
  • 7 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 3 comments
  • 7 votes

[Desktop][Other] Great App but User Interface MUST be improved

I use and enjoy Spotify every day, and I am grateful for your service. However, I must admit you have one of the worst user interfaces an application as popular as yours has. Here are a couple of suggestions I believe would make the Spotify experienc...

• Casual Listener
  • I use and enjoy Spotify every day, and I am grateful for your service. However, I must admit you have one of the worst user interfaces an application as popular as yours has.   Here are a coup...
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Desktop][Other] Add more support for Rainmeter.

Listen... I'm a rainmeter fanatic. I love the visualizers. The minimalist designs, the complex designs. But what bothers me the most is the audioplayers.Some of them work fine, like the Monstercat Visualizer. But some of the coolest looking ones aren...

• Casual Listener
  • ...f you guys over at Spotify could possibly work together with the community of Rainmeter to complete a perfect plugin it would make my, and many other Rainmeter users lifes a bit happier.  &n...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 4 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 4 votes

[All Platforms][Other] Allow Sharing With All Users (Including Non-Facebook Linked)

Music cannot be shared with someone who does not follow you or who does not have facebook. You should be able to share music with any user on spotify regardless if they are following you or using facebook.

• Casual Listener
  • Music cannot be shared with someone who does not follow you or who does not have facebook. You should be able to share music with any user on spotify regardless if they are following you or using f...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 3 comments
  • 6 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 3 comments
  • 6 votes

[iOS][OS X] Spotify URI as a link in iOS and OS X

With iOS and OS X, native apps will recognize a link when two slashes are appended to the scheme (ie adding two slashes after spotify:, so "spotify://") which open the link in the native app. Is there a reason this isn't the default, or at least an o...

• Casual Listener
  • With iOS and OS X, native apps will recognize a link when two slashes are appended to the scheme (ie adding two slashes after spotify:, so "spotify://") which open the link in the native app. Is...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 1 votes

[Desktop][Other] Global HotKey Refresh

Spotify, Hurry up and add hotkeys, this is a basic feature that almost all media engines have get on it. Th last post was from 2012 and we still don't have this feature. Jeff

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify,   Hurry up and add hotkeys, this is a basic feature that almost all media engines have get on it. Th last post was from 2012 and we still don't have this feature.   Jeff
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 1 comments
  • 0 votes

[All Platforms] Import Last.fm Statistics

Hi... i often have a look at last.fm, to see what i listened to some time ago, how everything changed... and if i forgot an artists name, i know where to investigate first - at my last.fm profile. But with spotify connect not every played song is lis...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi...   i often have a look at last.fm, to see what i listened to some time ago, how everything changed... and if i forgot an artists name, i know where to investigate first - at my las...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 10 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 10 votes

[Mobile] Add a full playlist into another playlist

Hello Team, I have seen a few things that could make things easier for me and hopefully for other too, if this is taken into consideration... Now, the easiest thing I thought about how to describe what I would like is this: I love the weekly suggesti...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Team,   I have seen a few things that could make things easier for me and hopefully for other too, if this is taken into consideration...   Now, the easiest thing I t...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 7 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 7 votes

Spotify Community: Option to Show Contributors' Country

I would like to propose that alongside Spotify IDs we can also see what country other users are in. Reasons: 1. I believe it would be a great help for problem-solvers in the Community in helping to quickly identify whether or not an issue is region-s...

• Roadie
  • I would like to propose that alongside Spotify IDs we can also see what country other users are in.   Reasons:   1. I believe it would be a great help for problem-solvers in the C...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 8 comments
  • 1 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 8 comments
  • 1 votes

[Desktop][Other] Spelling and grammar on Spotify welcome page

Hate to nit pic put the etext on the welcome page reads let us show you were to start....should be where

• Casual Listener
  • Hate to nit pic put the etext on the welcome page reads let us show you were to start....should be where
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 4 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 4 comments
  • 0 votes

[All Platforms][Other] Fine tuning lyrics synchronization

How about a "fine tuning mode" for lyrics synchronization? Currently, if one fails to click at the proper time on a verse located at the middle of a song, he/she must restart the synchronization process from the beginning. This may happen several tim...

• Casual Listener
  • How about a "fine tuning mode" for lyrics synchronization? Currently, if one fails to click at the proper time on a verse located at the middle of a song, he/she must restart the synchronization proc...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 3 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 3 comments
  • 0 votes

[Other] Make it possible to turn off the daily messages

I want it to be possible to turn off the daily messages on the main page that always urges meto do stuff like "seize this evening", it's small but it still annoys me, i just want music not having someone tell me what i really should be doing.

• Casual Listener
  • I want it to be possible to turn off the daily messages on the main page that always urges me to do stuff like "seize this evening", it's small but it still annoys me, i just want music not having&n...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

Offer Customer Support by Telephone

How about a phone number for customer service!!!

• Casual Listener
  • How about a phone number for customer service!!!
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 11 comments
  • 28 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 11 comments
  • 28 votes

[iOS][Other] Time for Spotify UI to get serious about Music

Background:After years of downloading music and syncing to my Ipod/Iphone, i have taken the plunge and moved everything into spotify, using spotify as my single source of music. My Iphone is now 25GB of offline spotify music. previously I was using t...

• Music Fan
  • Background: After years of downloading music and syncing to my Ipod/Iphone, i have taken the plunge and moved everything into spotify, using spotify as my single source of music. My Iphone is now 25...
  • LunarWolf01
  • Roadie
  • 4 comments
  • 3 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 4 comments
  • 3 votes

[Chromecast][Other] Support more HDMI-CEC Control in Playback

At present in Chromecast, Spotify only supports the Play, Pause (and Stop?) buttons through HDMI-CEC. It would be useful for Spotify Chromecast to support the Skip Back, Skip Next and Fast Reverse/Forward buttons via HDMI-CEC so that others can skip ...

• Regular
  • ...orward buttons via HDMI-CEC so that others can skip songs using the TV Remote - without having the Spotify user skip via the device that is casting, which is good for parties or social gatherings. &n...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 4 comments
  • 16 likes
  • chromecast
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 4 comments
  • 16 votes

[Web Player][Other] Non-Encrypted Web Player Option: HTTP streaming in settings

It would be really nice, if play.spotify.com had an option to make the http streaming persistent. I added the web player to my taskbar (thanks chrome), so when I open spotify that way the URL started is the not-http-streaming version. So about once e...

• Casual Listener
  • ...istening with the app started from my taskbar.   As I noticed this workaround is available for ages, behaves really stable, and is the only workaround for networks, where your other streaming m...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Web Player
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[All Platforms][Other] setting permanent cache location to external drive

I have a fairly small SSD on my tablet so have set the cache location to my SD card. That works fine until the SD card is for whatever reason not recognized. Then Spotify arbitrarily reassigns the cache location to the default cache on the local driv...

• Casual Listener
  • ...eassigns the cache location to the default cache on the local drive.  When this happens, I have to change the cache location back to my SD card (It could be any other external drive).  F...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes