Announcements

Forum Posts

[Spotify Free] Play Ads to Listen to certain Songs without Shuffle

If you're a student that's not in college (like me) and cannot obtain the student discount, Spotify should let users be able to play an ad to listen to a certain song/album or stream it offline. Spotify earns money for us watching more ads, we get ou...

• Casual Listener
  • If you're a student that's not in college (like me) and cannot obtain the student discount, Spotify should let users be able to play an ad to listen to a certain song/album or stream it offline. Spot...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[All Platforms] All options/preferences should be available on all platforms

Why can privacy settings not be accessed in the mobile app, or at the very least on the website? I do the vast majority of my listening through the mobile app, it's asinine that in order to change something like my privacy settings that I need to go ...

• Casual Listener
  • Why can privacy settings not be accessed in the mobile app, or at the very least on the website?   I do the vast majority of my listening through the mobile app, it's asinine that in order to ...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Mobile] Move "Devices available" Link

Please move the devices available link somewhere else and leave that area blank. Its too close to the play button to have a link there and i keep tapping it by mistake.

• Regular
  • Please move the devices available link somewhere else and leave that area blank. Its too close to the play button to have a link there and i keep tapping it by mistake. 
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Other] Background music on spoken word

I'd love to be able to play music (preferrably instrumental) in the background as I listen to spoken word like stand-up comedy, podcasts, and audiobooks.

• Casual Listener
  • I'd love to be able to play music (preferrably instrumental) in the background as I listen to spoken word like stand-up comedy, podcasts, and audiobooks.
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Mobile] "Commuter mode" for listening to music offline

I commute to work every day by subway. If I want to listen to Spotify underground, I have to download an album or playlist (which adds it to my favorites), and then when I'm done, un-download and un-favorite it. How about letting me tag an album or p...

• Casual Listener
  • I commute to work every day by subway. If I want to listen to Spotify underground, I have to download an album or playlist (which adds it to my favorites), and then when I'm done, un-download and un-...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Roku App][Navigation] Remove Navigation Sounds

When using the Roku app and listening to music, navigations and selection plays a feedback sound. This is really annoying when you are already listening to a track and searching for another one. When I have music playing I do not like to hear a "beep...

• Casual Listener
  • ...ne. When I have music playing I do not like to hear a "beep" over the music everytime I select a letter.   Otherwise a fine experience. Thank you!
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Roku app
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Desktop][Metadata] Transfer Saved music metadata into an overview list (Excel)

To the Spotify community, My album selection in my personal spotify library is meanwhile a selection of albums that will not be available in total over some years as spotify would not longer be accessible anymore. On the other hand almost any additio...

• Casual Listener
  • ...ot longer be accessible anymore. On the other hand almost any additional information about the albums fails.If I could transport my album list to an excel or other file, I would have a nice o...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 3 comments
  • 0 votes

[Other] Spotifys own Bluetooth speaker

A Bluetooth speaker that has the capability of being told what to play. i.e (basic version of Alexa).I choose the name spot to call it myself, So it would go "hey spot, play playlist "my favorites"".It should have internal memory to save your playlis...

• Visitor
  • A Bluetooth speaker that has the capability of being told what to play. i.e (basic version of Alexa). I choose the name spot to call it myself, So  it would go "hey spot, play playlist "my favo...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Music] Song/Rap Creator

I have a great idea for you guys to put a little word processor into your mobile and desktop app where people can write a little rap verse or write a few lines of a song and try to make their own material. I think that many people think about writing...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a great idea for you guys to put a little word processor into your mobile and desktop app where people can write a little rap verse or write a few lines of a song and try to make their own mat...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[All Platforms] Different random types

When you want to play your library at random mode, it could be: - Random off (play in order)- Random by all songs of all artists- Random all songs from the same album- Random all songs from the same playlist- Random all songs from the same artist Why...

• Regular
  • When you want to play your library at random mode, it could be:   - Random off (play in order) - Random by all songs of all artists - Random all songs from the same album - Random all songs...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Ads] Only allow music based ads to be played

You're a music company, your medium is music and your dna is music. Why shouldn't your ads be too ?Right now, I'm muting my computer as soon as I hear ads because it is really annoying to have people talking in your head while working.Here attached a...

• Casual Listener
  • You're a music company, your medium is music and your dna is music. Why shouldn't your ads be too ? Right now, I'm muting my computer as soon as I hear ads because it is really annoying to have peop...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[All Platforms][Other] The Walking Dead - Easter Egg

Hey guys,Can you do something similar you did for Stranger Things but for The Walking Dead?CheersWojciech

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, Can you do something similar you did for Stranger Things but for The Walking Dead? Cheers Wojciech
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[All Platforms][Other] Make the "Undo" button more specific

The "Undo" button on the top of the page under "Edit" should specify the action that is to be undone (in the same manner as various applications such as word processors). Rather than simply displaying "Undo" - it should show a variant of "Undo add to...

• Roadie
  • The "Undo" button on the top of the page under "Edit" should specify the action that is to be undone (in the same manner as various applications such as word processors). Rather than simply displayin...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Desktop] Extend Update Text to "Restart Spotify to install"

When the "Help" --> "About Spotify" window is opened after an update was downloaded, a link to restart Spotify is offered. In the German version of Spotify, this link is called something like "Restart to install the update". This message should be ex...

• Casual Listener
  • ...bsp;something like "Restart to install the update". This message should be extended to "Restart Spotify to install", because otherwise, users might expect the OS to restart instead of just the program.
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Mobile] No Curved UI

All iPhones (exc. X) and almost all Android phones have a squared top screen. All apps designed for around this specs; except Spotify. Spotify’s UI almost fine with sharp curves. But in Now Playing screen even we can see white line where curve starts...

• Casual Listener
  • All iPhones (exc. X) and almost all Android phones have a squared top screen. All apps designed for around this specs; except Spotify. Spotify’s UI almost fine with sharp curves. But in Now Playing s...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Music] Remove Classical Music from Shuffle

Guys, this is insanely annoying. Sometimes You just want your **bleep** to shuffle, BUT I listen to a lot of classical music, and I almost *never* want to hear some Animal Collective song followed by Brahms. It's just not how I (or almost anyone?) li...

• Casual Listener
  • Guys, this is insanely annoying. Sometimes You just want your **bleep** to shuffle, BUT I listen to a lot of classical music, and I almost *never* want to hear some Animal Collective song followed by...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 comments
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 3 comments
  • 0 votes

[Desktop] Being able to make Spotify the default music player.

As Microsoft Groove is getting discontinued, I wish I could just make Spotify the default player and listen to anything I downloaded(e.g podcasts). Also, it would be nice if the app would also implement Fluent Design, just saying.....

• Visitor
  • As Microsoft Groove is getting discontinued, I wish I could just make Spotify the default player and listen to anything I downloaded(e.g podcasts).   Also, it would be nice if the app would al...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Amazon Echo] Add "Listen on ____" - other Device

I have an Amazon Echo Plus. I do the majority of my home listening on my hifi setup which has an Apple Mini connected to it for streaming. For whatever reason, the Spotify app on the Echo only knows how to play songs/playlists/etc. on its own tiny in...

• Regular
  • I have an Amazon Echo Plus. I do the majority of my home listening on my hifi setup which has an Apple Mini connected to it for streaming.  For whatever reason, the Spotify app on the Echo only ...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Behind the Lyrics] Make song trivia more accessible!

I love the song trivia. i can't read that quickly, though! sometimes don't realise that it's there until it's gone!.. Why can't we access all of that about a song anytime?..

• Casual Listener
  • I love the song trivia. i can't read that quickly, though! sometimes don't realise that it's there until it's gone!..   Why can't we access all of that about a song anytime?.. 🙂
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes