Announcements

Forum Posts

[Desktop][Other] Fix Spotify Application Resolution Scaling Bug

If I start spotify on a monitor with a low resolution and then move it to a monitor with a much higher resolution, the Spotify application does not scale to match the new resolution. I need to close Spotify and ensure that it opens on the higher reso...

• Casual Listener
  • If I start spotify on a monitor with a low resolution and then move it to a monitor with a much higher resolution, the Spotify application does not scale to match the new resolution. I need to close ...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 1 comments
  • 0 votes

[Mobile] A Spotify Podcast App

A podcast app for easy, streamlined podcast listening. Maybe even call it "Spodcast" if the devs and marketing team is feeling adventurous.

• Casual Listener
  • A podcast app for easy, streamlined podcast listening. Maybe even call it "Spodcast" if the devs and marketing team is feeling adventurous.
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Mobile] Quick Functions when press&holding down a track

Hi Spotify team/community, First, I've been a loyal Spotify subscriber for 5 years and I love what Spotify has become. Can we implement a customizable function for when a track is held? At the moment, doing so displays options for that item, but that...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify team/community,   First, I've been a loyal Spotify subscriber for 5 years and I love what Spotify has become.  Can we implement a customizable function for when a track is hel...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Other] Discover new music through physical interface!

Discover is a tangible user interface for Spotify. The meeting between streaming of digital music and some of the tangible experience of putting on a record. Expand your musical horizon by exploring the genres scattered across the surface.https://www...

• Casual Listener
  • Discover is a tangible user interface for Spotify. The meeting between streaming of digital music and some of the tangible experience of putting on a record. Expand your musical horizon by exploring ...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Line-In] Level up system / Badges

I am a new line-in program member and while i love helping the community i think a level up program with Xp would motivate me more to help.

• Roadie
  • I am a new line-in program member and while i love helping the community i think a level up program with Xp would motivate me more to help.
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Artist Page] "Where People Are Listening Now" feature

A fun addition to the Artist Info "Where People Listen" would be a graphical world display of "Where People Are Listening Now" that places dots on the globle for each individual listener of this artist within the past 24 hours or other relatively sho...

• Regular
  • ...rtist within the past 24 hours or other relatively short duration. There would be no need for the specific numbers, the density of dots plotted on the globe would be sufficient to provide a general p...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Other] Opera Libretti PDF

It'd be nice to have some PDFs of opera Libretti. Music Discovery is good, but when you're an opera fan and find a new opera, you need the libretto to follow the story

• Visitor
  • It'd be nice to have some PDFs of opera Libretti. Music Discovery is good, but when you're an opera fan and find a new opera, you need the libretto to follow the story
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Linux] GTK3+ Theme support

Please add support for Spotify to follow the system's GTK+ theme on Linux systemsit would be super awesome as Spotify is very well intergrated into Linux systems already!

• Visitor
  • Please add support for Spotify to follow the system's GTK+ theme on Linux systems it would be super awesome as Spotify is very well intergrated into Linux systems already!
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Partnership] Import Songs from Spotify into iMovie

Hi community members and spotify team, spotify already allows us to listen and to enjoy to all sort of music comfortabaly. However, I still think an option to connect spotify songs with iMovie misses. Please reconsider this beneficial and handy optio...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi community members and spotify team, spotify already allows us to listen and to enjoy to all sort of music comfortabaly. However, I still think an option to connect spotify songs with iMovie mi...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Spotify Free] Play Ads to Listen to certain Songs without Shuffle

If you're a student that's not in college (like me) and cannot obtain the student discount, Spotify should let users be able to play an ad to listen to a certain song/album or stream it offline. Spotify earns money for us watching more ads, we get ou...

• Casual Listener
  • If you're a student that's not in college (like me) and cannot obtain the student discount, Spotify should let users be able to play an ad to listen to a certain song/album or stream it offline. Spot...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[All Platforms] All options/preferences should be available on all platforms

Why can privacy settings not be accessed in the mobile app, or at the very least on the website? I do the vast majority of my listening through the mobile app, it's asinine that in order to change something like my privacy settings that I need to go ...

• Casual Listener
  • Why can privacy settings not be accessed in the mobile app, or at the very least on the website?   I do the vast majority of my listening through the mobile app, it's asinine that in order to ...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Mobile] Move "Devices available" Link

Please move the devices available link somewhere else and leave that area blank. Its too close to the play button to have a link there and i keep tapping it by mistake.

• Regular
  • Please move the devices available link somewhere else and leave that area blank. Its too close to the play button to have a link there and i keep tapping it by mistake. 
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Other] Background music on spoken word

I'd love to be able to play music (preferrably instrumental) in the background as I listen to spoken word like stand-up comedy, podcasts, and audiobooks.

• Casual Listener
  • I'd love to be able to play music (preferrably instrumental) in the background as I listen to spoken word like stand-up comedy, podcasts, and audiobooks.
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Mobile] "Commuter mode" for listening to music offline

I commute to work every day by subway. If I want to listen to Spotify underground, I have to download an album or playlist (which adds it to my favorites), and then when I'm done, un-download and un-favorite it. How about letting me tag an album or p...

• Casual Listener
  • I commute to work every day by subway. If I want to listen to Spotify underground, I have to download an album or playlist (which adds it to my favorites), and then when I'm done, un-download and un-...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Roku App][Navigation] Remove Navigation Sounds

When using the Roku app and listening to music, navigations and selection plays a feedback sound. This is really annoying when you are already listening to a track and searching for another one. When I have music playing I do not like to hear a "beep...

• Casual Listener
  • ...ne. When I have music playing I do not like to hear a "beep" over the music everytime I select a letter.   Otherwise a fine experience. Thank you!
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Roku app
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Desktop][Metadata] Transfer Saved music metadata into an overview list (Excel)

To the Spotify community, My album selection in my personal spotify library is meanwhile a selection of albums that will not be available in total over some years as spotify would not longer be accessible anymore. On the other hand almost any additio...

• Casual Listener
  • ...ot longer be accessible anymore. On the other hand almost any additional information about the albums fails.If I could transport my album list to an excel or other file, I would have a nice o...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 3 comments
  • 0 votes

[Other] Spotifys own Bluetooth speaker

A Bluetooth speaker that has the capability of being told what to play. i.e (basic version of Alexa).I choose the name spot to call it myself, So it would go "hey spot, play playlist "my favorites"".It should have internal memory to save your playlis...

• Visitor
  • A Bluetooth speaker that has the capability of being told what to play. i.e (basic version of Alexa). I choose the name spot to call it myself, So  it would go "hey spot, play playlist "my favo...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Music] Song/Rap Creator

I have a great idea for you guys to put a little word processor into your mobile and desktop app where people can write a little rap verse or write a few lines of a song and try to make their own material. I think that many people think about writing...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a great idea for you guys to put a little word processor into your mobile and desktop app where people can write a little rap verse or write a few lines of a song and try to make their own mat...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[All Platforms] Different random types

When you want to play your library at random mode, it could be: - Random off (play in order)- Random by all songs of all artists- Random all songs from the same album- Random all songs from the same playlist- Random all songs from the same artist Why...

• Regular
  • When you want to play your library at random mode, it could be:   - Random off (play in order) - Random by all songs of all artists - Random all songs from the same album - Random all songs...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Ads] Only allow music based ads to be played

You're a music company, your medium is music and your dna is music. Why shouldn't your ads be too ?Right now, I'm muting my computer as soon as I hear ads because it is really annoying to have people talking in your head while working.Here attached a...

• Casual Listener
  • You're a music company, your medium is music and your dna is music. Why shouldn't your ads be too ? Right now, I'm muting my computer as soon as I hear ads because it is really annoying to have peop...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes