Announcements

Forum Posts

Better video editing

I would have so much fun with snapchat if it were possible to edit the transitions between the videos and photos you send, and possibly also add music. I'm thinking different crossover effects like flash, fade, and other fun stuff. Then you could rea...

• Casual Listener
  • ...lash, fade, and other fun stuff. Then you could really make cool stories
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 5 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • Case Closed
  • 5 comments
  • 0 votes

[Desktop][Other] Click on playing song brings um playlist

There was a feature that brought up the actual playlist/radio station/whatever when clicked on the actual playing track (bottom left in windows client). Somewhere around change of year 2014 to 2015 it this feature got lost. Please bring that back! I'...

• Casual Listener
  • There was a feature that brought up the actual playlist/radio station/whatever when clicked on the actual playing track (bottom left in windows client). Somewhere around change of year 2014 to 2015 i...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 3 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 3 comments
  • 0 votes

[Other Platform][Other] PS4 App - Volume Slider

I suggest that the Spotify player on PS4 has its own independent volume control. Sometimes we just want to cause mayhem on a video game... to theme music! Games run smoothly (even when playing online) while Spotify is running in the background, which...

• Casual Listener
  • I suggest that the Spotify player on PS4 has its own independent volume control.  Sometimes we just want to cause mayhem on a video game... to theme music!  Games run smoothly (even wh...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 3 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Other Platform
  • Case Closed
  • 3 comments
  • 0 votes

[Windows Phone][Other] Universal app

Develop Spotify as a universal app, so it's the same on Ios, Android and Windows.

• Casual Listener
  • Develop Spotify as a universal app, so it's the same on Ios, Android and Windows.
  • Gangpipe
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Windows Phone
  • Case Closed
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Desktop][Other] Control Phone Playback from Desktop

Just throwing this out there: I work a desk job, but walk away from my computer a lot. I like listening to spotify on my phone through headphones so that I can take it with me when I walk away from the computer. It would be neat if Spotify on my Desk...

• Visitor
  • Just throwing this out there:   I work a desk job, but walk away from my computer a lot. I like listening to spotify on my phone through headphones so that I can take it with me when I walk aw...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 1 comments
  • 0 votes

[Search] Ability to search for genre from a country or region

I wish I could issue search commands for a genre from a certain country or region. For example "genre: punk, country: england" or "genre: punk, region: asia".

• Roadie
  • I wish I could issue search commands for a genre from a certain country or region. For example "genre: punk, country: england" or "genre: punk, region: asia".  
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Music] Break-up mode: Filter out love songs

Thankfully I don't need it thanks to lots of medication; but I'm thinking of my future here lol.Spotify should totally add a breakup mode that excludes love songs Random idea.

• Casual Listener
  • Thankfully I don't need it thanks to lots of medication; but I'm thinking of my future here lol. Spotify should totally add a breakup mode that excludes love songs 😛 Random idea.
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    iOS
    Other
    Your Music
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Desktop][Other] Please make the switch style checkboxes easier to use

Whenever I see a switch style checkbox in the Preferences section I want to change its state by clicking the switch and sliding it to the left or right. The switch responds to my action by sliding a few pixels in the desired direction, but then stopp...

switch.jpg
  • Roadie
  • ...y sliding too; Otherwise don't make the checkbox respond to sliding at all (to prevent stupid users like me from thinking they are slide-able)
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Desktop][Other] Lyric search

I have a song in my head that I heard on the radio, but I don't know the name. Instead of using Google to find the song title, wouldn't it be cool to just type in a few bits of the lyrics into Spotify's search engine and come up with the relevant son...

• Regular
  • I have a song in my head that I heard on the radio, but I don't know the name. Instead of using Google to find the song title, wouldn't it be cool to just type in a few bits of the lyrics into Spotif...
  • stalepie
  • Regular
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Other Platform][Other] Albums Total Pays & API

Hi all, i'm looking for a way to extract automatically the total plays of an album. I love the fact that with a mouse-over on a single track, Spotify shows the total plays of that track but if i want to know how many plays had an album, the only way ...

• Regular
  • Hi all,  i'm looking for a way to extract automatically the total plays of an album. I love the fact that with a mouse-over on a single track, Spotify shows the total plays of that track but ...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Other Platform
  • Case Closed
  • 1 comments
  • 0 votes

[Android] [WindowsPhone] [Desktop] [IOS] [Other] Library and Input.

Hi, I think this idea might be good to add. 1: If you can have a own mode to show your Input or other sound devices on Spotify, it would have been much easier to manually adjust the specifications from the soundcard on Spotify. Instead of searching f...

• Regular
  • Hi, I think this idea might be good to add.   1: If you can have a own mode to show your Input or other sound devices on Spotify, it would have been much easier to manually adjust the s...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 1 comments
  • 0 votes

[Desktop][Other] Hotkey for Available Offline

Short Version: We need a hotkey than when pressed will toggle Available Offline for an open playlist when using a computer. Long version: There are a lot of requests for a download all playlists button for Spotify. Currently, when we need to download...

• Casual Listener
  • Short Version:  We need a hotkey than when pressed will toggle Available Offline for an open playlist when using a computer.    Long version: There are a lot of requests for a ...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Forum] Different Language Sections on the Community Forum

Hey !Wouldn't it be great if the forum has different language hubs, Like Dutch, French, German, Russian, Spanisch and many more.Here can they speak in their own language.Every hub has his own moderators (They manage the posts etc).Let me hear your to...

• Roadie
  • Hey ! Wouldn't it be great if the forum has different language hubs, Like Dutch, French, German, Russian, Spanisch and many more. Here can they speak in their own language. Every hub has his o...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 3 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Other Platform
  • Inactive Idea
  • 3 comments
  • 0 votes

[Web Player] Reduce padding between Windows phone and Google play buttons

Hey, Something that caught my eye when using the web player was the advert on the right for downloading the Spotify app on mobile devices, as seen here. The padding between the first two buttons, the app store and google play, is 15px high. The paddi...

Untitled-9.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hey,   Something that caught my eye when using the web player was the advert on the right for downloading the Spotify app on mobile devices, as seen here. The padding between the first ...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Other Platform
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

List of ideas/suggestions/bugs :)

-UNIVERSAL SEARCH BUTTON-I have noticed that when I am deep into playlists and/or an artists page, it often takes a lot of "back" button taps to get to the universal search. Therefore I was thinking to fix this problem, you could create a search butt...

• Casual Listener
  • ...istening to a song earlier that day and obnoxiously flicks back to that song in the middle of the original song. I've also experienced this problem problem in other similar ways with Spotify changing o...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 comments
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
    Other Platform
    Playlists
    Radio
    Your Music
  • Case Closed
  • 1 comments
  • 0 votes

[Desktop] Resize Height of Notifications Pane

Hey all, I would love the ability to resize the height of the notifications window. Cheers, // Jon

original.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Hey all, I would love  the ability to  resize the height of the notifications window .   Cheers,   // Jon
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 6 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 6 comments
  • 0 votes

Applescript artwork missing in 1.0.3

Most of the Applescript functionality was fixed in 1.0.3, but the artwork is still missing. I was using the following script: tell application "Spotify" set image_data to artwork of current track end tell return image_data It used to return the artwo...

• Casual Listener
  • Most of the Applescript functionality was fixed in 1.0.3, but the artwork is still missing. I was using the following script:   tell application "Spotify" set image_data to artwork of curr...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 1 comments
  • 0 votes

[Other] Every operation should have an equivalent reverse operation. For example....

With one push of a button you can add an entire album to "Your Music" but there is not an inverse operation to remove it. Therefore if you accidently add a whole bunch of songs to a list it may take you a hundred edits to remove the same songs. This ...

• Regular
  • ...break! You need to add a better Usability Testing Phase to your development work flow. Otherwise somebody would have caught this critical flaw in your UI.   A screenshot is attached: I should b...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • Case Closed
  • 1 comments
  • 0 votes

[Desktop][Other] Search by lyrics

Now that Spotify has lyrics, it would be useful to search by them, for when you can't think of what a song is called but you know some of the words.Searching a string of words would give songs that feature those lyrics alongside songs, artists, album...

• Casual Listener
  • Now that Spotify has lyrics, it would be useful to search by them, for when you can't think of what a song is called but you know some of the words. Searching a string of words would give songs th...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 1 comments
  • 0 votes

Env: prod