Announcements

Forum Posts

Show if a friend has already listened to a song (Sharing)

Could there be a feature through which i will know before sending a song to my friend whether he has previously listened to it or not? that will avoid instances like i send him a song but he has already heard it.

• Casual Listener
  • Could there be a feature through which i will know before sending a song to my friend whether he has previously listened to it or not? that will avoid instances like i send him a song but he has alre...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 9 likes
  • Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 9 votes

[All Platforms][Other] Loyalty/reward program

Hi there.I would like to suggest a listener loyalty program.The more you listen more minutes, more minutes more points, then more points more rewards,

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there. I would like to suggest a listener loyalty program. The more you listen more minutes, more minutes more points, then more points more rewards,
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 3 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 2 comments
  • 3 votes

[Other] Improve Handling of Screen Real Estate on High Resolution Monitors

This is my biggest complaint: You’ll notice, if you read your forums, that they are full of people complaining about the desktop clients design. I use a desktop for a variety of reasons, but the biggest is screen real estate. My dual screens totallin...

• Regular
  • This is my biggest complaint: You’ll notice, if you read your forums, that they are full of people complaining about the desktop clients design. I use a desktop for a variety of reasons, but the bigg...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 3 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • Case Closed
  • 3 comments
  • 0 votes

[All Platforms][Other] Mixtape songs and Spotify

Hi Spotify! My friends and I all love spotify, its great for finding new music, and building playlists for parties etc.. The only complaint that people seem to have is that they cant listen to amazing mixtapes songs,.. Imagine if I could throw some s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify!   My friends and I all love spotify, its great for finding new music, and building playlists for parties etc..   The only complaint that people seem to have is that they can...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 1 comments
  • 0 votes

Add more than just songs into a playlist, e.g., artists or genres with random selections on playback

I know that when I use Sporify, I like to explore new music in all different catagorys and generes. I think it would be a really unique and helpful feature to be able to add other things to playlists than just songs. For instance, a playlist called "...

• Casual Listener
  • I know that when I use Sporify, I like to explore new music in all different catagorys and generes. I think it would be a really unique and helpful feature to be able to add other things to p...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Desktop
    iOS
    Other
    Search
    Subscription
    Web Player
    Windows Phone
    Your Music
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 1 votes

[Desktop] Hide "listeners in your network"

Is there a way to hide the "listeners in your network" in the top right corner of the desktop app? I really would rather not see headshots of my frenemies on the top of my favorite artist and album pages, and do not want to unfriend them entirely eit...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to hide the "listeners in your network" in the top right corner of the desktop app? I really would rather not see headshots of my frenemies on the top of my favorite artist and album p...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 8 comments
  • 4 likes
  • Desktop
    Facebook
    Listeners In Your Network
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 8 comments
  • 4 votes

[All Platforms][Other] Rdio Features That Spotify Should Consider

I just made the transition over to Spotify fron Rdio - which was painful at first, but is exciting as well. I am looking forward to providing a new perspective and making suggestions that will benefit the entire Spotify user base. It is hard to ignor...

• Casual Listener
  • I just made the transition over to Spotify fron Rdio - which was painful at first, but is exciting as well. I am looking forward to providing a new perspective and making suggestions that will benefi...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 1 comments
  • 0 votes

[Desktop][Other] Keep playing music during upgrade/restart

Every update, requires a restart.Every restart, stops the music playing. That is the same feeling as some annoying person switching songs during some beutiful moment i just had with a song. Please, seperate the music-playing process, and the GUI, suc...

• Casual Listener
  • Every update, requires a restart. Every restart, stops the music playing.   That is the same feeling as some annoying person switching songs during some beutiful moment i just had with a...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 1 comments
  • 0 votes

[Desktop][Other] here's an idea

how bout you make your notifications/warning more noticeable? i dont like this **bleep** about being told ill get 3 months for $10, only for me to click on it, pay, and as its loading see this teeny message under my toolbar saying "We're sorry you're...

• Casual Listener
  • how bout you make your notifications/warning more noticeable? i dont like this **bleep** about being told ill get 3 months for $10, only for me to click on it, pay, and as its loading see this teeny ...
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

[Desktop][Other] ad policy on premium

(i will censore my self because this is a public site.)your company should keep their word on not having ads if i buy premium. i bought it and i still get this sh*t. i mainly bought it because of the ads come between songs, but i still expected you t...

• Casual Listener
  •  (i will censore my self because this is a public site.) your company should keep their word on not having ads if i buy premium. i bought it and i still get this sh*t. i mainly bought it becaus...
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 1 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 1 comments
  • 0 votes

[All Platforms][Other] Stop Stereotyping Me on My Name

Just because I have a Spanish last name does not mean that I should be getting advertisements in Spanish. The assumption of ethnicity and language should never be made.

• Casual Listener
  • Just because I have a Spanish last name does not mean that I should be getting advertisements in Spanish.  The assumption of ethnicity and language should never be made.  
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 5 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 2 comments
  • 5 votes

Volumio Sponsorship

I have just upgrade my BeagleBoneBlack music server running Volumio to Volumio 1.5 (released a couple of weeks ago). Sincerely, Spotify has never sounded as good. All my streaming system is composed of a BeagleBoneBlack, a DIY entry-level audiophile ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have just upgrade my BeagleBoneBlack music server running Volumio to Volumio 1.5 (released a couple of weeks ago).   Sincerely, Spotify has never sounded as good. All my streamin...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 38 likes
  • Embedded Device
    Other
    Volumio
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 38 votes

[All Platforms][Other] Una comunidad en Español

Deberían de tener una comunidad de Spotify es Español, se hace muy fastidioso tener que traducir todas las respuestas a los casos que a uno le interesan #spotify debe entender que tienen usuarios hispanoparlantes y monolingües.

• Regular
  • Deberían de tener una comunidad de Spotify es Español, se hace muy fastidioso tener que traducir todas las respuestas a los casos que a uno le interesan #spotify debe entender que tienen usuarios his...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 comments
  • 1 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 1 comments
  • 1 votes

[All Platforms][Other] All i could think of !!! A list of ideas....

This is the most glaring thing to me... The fact that we can't hide artists we don't like, It's especially annoying and time consuming when finding new music. Often i'll spend a fair bit of time on someone until i realize i've looked through their re...

• Roadie
  • ...ake it far easier to skip around and it would also help out those with visual impairments, ( Much like the other sizing options i suggested) We need more shortcut functionality, I'd like to be a...
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 1 comments
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Other
  • Case Closed
  • 1 comments
  • 0 votes

Vintage uk single charts ( utilising all your millions of track)

Spotify has millions of tracks and able minded I.T guys or girls. Why can't you complile weekly vintage top 40 charts from yesteryear as recognised by radio 1 and top of the pops Eg I want to search for top 40 singles for week ending 22/11/1980 and y...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify has millions of tracks and able minded I.T guys or girls. Why can't you complile weekly vintage top 40 charts from yesteryear as recognised by radio 1 and top of the pops Eg I want to search ...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 1 likes
  • Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 1 votes

Spotify Speaker Concept

I have an idea for a spotify speaker. There are speakers which you can use your phone to play spotify through but something that should be designed is a WiFi/3G enabled device with its own screen on it that you can log into Spotify with so you dont h...

• Roadie
  • I have an idea for a spotify speaker. There are speakers which you can use your phone to play spotify through but something that should be designed is a WiFi/3G enabled device with its own screen on ...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Radio
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

Artist Payment: Pay by listener and not by amount of plays

Hi!My idea sprung from recent news that some big artists are leaving Spotify, due to not being paid enough for their songs. Currently, the artists are being paid a few cents per listen, which doesn't create enough cash for the artists at present.Howe...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! My idea sprung from recent news that some big artists are leaving Spotify, due to not being paid enough for their songs. Currently, the artists are being paid a few cents per listen, which doesn...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 3 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 3 comments
  • 0 votes

New Icon

Now with Yosemite/iOS 8 out, Spotify's logo/icon is looking a little out of place. What about a little different color set? Below is a picture of something I created. Thoughts?

• Casual Listener
  • Now with Yosemite/iOS 8 out, Spotify's logo/icon is looking a little out of place. What about a little different color set? Below is a picture of something I created. Thoughts?
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 5 comments
  • 5 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 5 comments
  • 5 votes

Paste and search

Google has the feature and it's really handy -  

2014-10-30_15-46-07.png
  • Music Fan
  • Google has the feature and it's really handy -  
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 4 comments
  • 3 likes
  • Browse
    Other
    Search
  • Inactive Idea
  • 4 comments
  • 3 votes

Spotify Awards

I think Spotify should make awards or recognition to those musical artists; such awards would raise the raiting of the company, these could be called "Spotify Music Awards" Pienso que Spotify debería hacer entrega de premios o reconocimientos a aquel...

• Visitor
  • I think Spotify should make awards or recognition to those musical artists ; such awards would raise the raiting of the company, these could be called " Spotify Music ...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • artist pages
    Other
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes