Announcements

Forum Posts

iOS: Option for Sound on button

Step to reproduce:- start Spotify on iPhone- play a song- lock the screen- press 2x home button -> mini player open- press the "<" or ">" buttonresult: sound appears when you press the buttons expectation: no sound appear-> please make a option to tu...

• Music Fan
  • Step to reproduce: - start Spotify on iPhone - play a song - lock the screen - press 2x home button -> mini player open - press the "<" or ">" button result: sound appears when you...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 5 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Inactive Idea
  • 5 comments
  • 0 votes

Playlist title behaviour

XPOST FROM WEB FORUM - Suggested to go here. In the desktop client, adding a whole album as a new playlist will create with title [artist] - [album] In web player, '+ Save as Playlist' button creates playlist with title [album] Can you change the web...

• Gig Goer
  • XPOST FROM WEB FORUM - Suggested to go here.   In the desktop client, adding a whole album as a new playlist will create with title [artist] - [album]   In web pl...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 4 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Case Closed
  • 4 comments
  • 0 votes

Last.FM Scrobbling on Web Player

As a big fan of Last.FM and enjoy scrobbling from the native Spotify client, it seems odd that scrobbling is not integrated into the Spotify Web Player. Please could this be integrated?

• Casual Listener
  • As a big fan of Last.FM and enjoy scrobbling from the native Spotify client, it seems odd that scrobbling is not integrated into the Spotify Web Player.   Please could this be integrated?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 comments
  • 0 likes
  • lastfm
    scrobbling
    Social
  • Case Closed
  • 1 comments
  • 0 votes

Just a very simple solution

Please put a minimize solution to the screen login screen on the computer. It is sooo annoying that one cannot minimize the screen tag.

• Casual Listener
  • Please put a minimize solution to the screen login screen on the computer. It is sooo annoying that one cannot minimize the screen tag.
  • Fred
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

Play Button playing content from the Web Player

I would love to see the Spotify Play Button playing tracks, albums and playlists from within the users web browser, rather than having to have the Spotify client. This would be THE killer feature for Spotify and a total game changer. You even hint at...

• Visitor
  • I would love to see the Spotify Play Button playing tracks, albums and playlists from within the users web browser, rather than having to have the Spotify client. This would be THE killer feature for...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 3 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Case Closed
  • 3 comments
  • 0 votes

Find my offline music, on spotify network

I have a large music library at home, but I would like to throw everything out, to do this I would like to see how much of my music is already located on spotify.. So not putting my offline music into spotify, but just locating how much of my music i...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a large music library at home, but I would like to throw everything out, to do this I would like to see how much of my music is already located on spotify..    So not putting my ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

Allow PNG attachments

Spotify Comunity should allow attaching PNG files as attachments. Many screenshot taking tools save images as PNG which means people (like me) have to convert to JPG first. What's more, you can upload PNG as content image but not as an attachment.

• Music Fan
  • Spotify Comunity should allow attaching PNG files as attachments. Many screenshot taking tools save images as PNG which means people (like me) have to convert to JPG first. What's more, you can uploa...
  • Fred
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

Album cover art backdrop for 'Album' pages (like Pink Floyd album pages)

I love the way the Pink Floyd album pages feature a backdrop of the actual cover art for that album - looks great! That surely shouldn't be so hard to implement across the board?

• Community Legend
  • I love the way the Pink Floyd album pages feature a backdrop of the actual cover art for that album - looks great! That surely shouldn't be so hard to implement across the board?
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Cover Art Backdrop
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

Listening To Your Users

Now that's a novel idea ... 

• Visitor
  • Now that's a novel idea ... 
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Case Closed
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

Music timeline of highlighted music

My idea reimagines the way the world of music can be seen and I make a case as to why all this functionality is needed for the next generation of music lovers. This is a brand new system of features. Check it out: Imagine an interface that allows the...

• Regular
  • My idea reimagines the way the world of music can be seen and I make a case as to why all this functionality is needed for the next generation of music lovers.  This is a brand new system of fea...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

Placeholder for search results' spots Arists/Albums/Playlists

The spots (Artists, Albums and Playlists) on top of the search results view show up too slow. Makes you accidentally click them when you're trying to click something from the list below.This happens when you e.g.: tap in an artist in the search field...

• Music Fan
  • The spots (Artists, Albums and Playlists)  on top of the search results view show up too slow. Makes you accidentally click them when you're trying to click something from the list below. Th...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 4 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Inactive Idea
  • 4 comments
  • 0 votes

Desktop Player "What's New" like Web Player's "Discover"

I recently tried out the web player and it is a cool addition to the options of using Spotify. What I noticed though that the "Discover" page from the web player is WAY more usefull then the "What's New" page of the Desktop Player. I started to ignor...

• Regular
  • I recently tried out the web player and it is a cool addition to the options of using Spotify. What I noticed though that the "Discover" page from the web player is WAY more usefull then the "What's ...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Case Closed
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

Pause Spotify when specific applications are launched

Hi everyone, and if you're new here, welcome! I was thinking recently that perhaps it would be nice if it was possible to get Spotify to pause when specific applications are launched, then play when they are closed again. The menu could look like the...

Exclusive apps.png
  • Community Legend
  • Hi everyone, and if you're new here, welcome!   I was thinking recently that perhaps it would be nice if it was possible to get Spotify to pause when specific applications are launched, then...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

A Broader Boards Of Canada Selection

Why is the selection of Boards Of Canada so limited? As a fan of BOC I would appreciate more selection! thank you.

• Casual Listener
  • Why is the selection of Boards Of Canada so limited? As a fan of BOC I would appreciate more selection! 🙂 thank you.
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Case Closed
  • 1 comments
  • 0 votes

Stand up Comedy

Maybe adding stand up comedians as audio files so we can show our friends are favorite songs and jokes

• Music Fan
  • Maybe adding stand up comedians as audio files so we can show our friends are favorite songs and jokes
  • Newyork10
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Case Closed
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

Artist pages merge

The group Public Enemy has two separate pages for their music and I find it annoying whenever I want to listen to a certain album and move to another as I'll have to go to their other page based on what I'm looking for. Any chance that they are merge...

• Music Fan
  • The group Public Enemy has two separate pages for their music and I find it annoying whenever I want to listen to a certain album and move to another as I'll have to go to their other page based on w...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 3 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Case Closed
  • 3 comments
  • 0 votes

Ability to pay for Spotify with Facebook coins

I think it would be something nice to implement for Spotify, it would help me and others make paying for Spotify easier since we can use our phones and such for paying.It would surely convince me to start paying for a Spotify account at least.

• Regular
  • I think it would be something nice to implement for Spotify, it would help me and others make paying for Spotify easier since we can use our phones and such for paying. It would surely convince me t...
  • Fred
  • Community Legend
  • 5 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Facebook
    Payment
  • Inactive Idea
  • 5 comments
  • 0 votes

WE need new Lists !!! + Artist Searching only + Airplay Funcition

1. We need an Artist List !!! Here we see all Artist we are follow.2. We need an List over the last hearing songs!!!3. We need a filter for the searchmaschine that we found only original artists!4. We need an Airplay Function!That is the most Standar...

• Regular
  • 1. We need an Artist List !!! Here we see all Artist we are follow. 2. We need an List over the last hearing songs!!! 3. We need a filter for the searchmaschine that we found only original artists!...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Case Closed
  • 1 comments
  • 0 votes

Allow Users to Organize Playlists with Folders

After two years on Spotify the number of playlists are starting to stack up. It can be hard to navigate when there's so much scrolling to be done. Why not let us make folders (like in iTunes) to help organize playlists? It would really help me clean ...

• Regular
  • After two years on Spotify the number of playlists are starting to stack up. It can be hard to navigate when there's so much scrolling to be done.   Why not let us make folders (like in iTunes...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Case Closed
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

Force a wifi check

I use Spotify on my kindle fire at work. Every 4 hours or so, my internet connection drops and I have to reauthenticate through my work's connection. When this happens, Spotify doesn't respond gracefully when I'm reconnected. I'd like to have the opt...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotify on my kindle fire at work.  Every 4 hours or so, my internet connection drops and I have to reauthenticate through my work's connection.  When this happens, Spotify doesn't re...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 2 comments
  • 0 likes
  • Inactive Idea
  • 2 comments
  • 0 votes

Env: prod