lyrics or instrumental radio option.

I listen to a lot of Prog rock and metal. When I create a prog rock/metal station it would be great if I could exclude all music with lyrics. The system slowly learns through votes, but it would be nice if I could just tell it no lyrics or instrutmental music only.

I know this could go for a lot of other genres.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-08-05

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

This idea suggests a feature in Radio to only play instrumental music.

You might be interested in this idea, which suggests the ability to 'fine-tune' radio stations using Echonest: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Fixing-Radio-Fine-tuning-songs-Hits-Variety-or-Discove...

justabitoutside

I am in support of an 'Instrumental' marker or icon for all songs. On hover on desktop, menu in app. And then in each genre, a playlist should be denoted by the same icon to assure you it's all instrumentals- no vocals whatsover, no repeating hooks. 

The playlists should also include any mainstream artists instrumentals like Jessica by Allman Bros in rock or Just Jammin' by Gramatik in edm/dance/funk. I would make one of these playlists too but that icon would sure make it a lot easier. 

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-08-05

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!