make collaborative playlists private

I have reading through the threats concerning the collaborative playlists feature, but didn't find anything concerning the privacy, or lets say forced "publication" of those lists.

So here is something I' d like to add. I really think the feature "collaborative playlist" is fun and I would love using it more, but I really dislike that all the songs I exchange here are visible to all my followers, including as the date and time and the of the person who added it. In fact I don't mind that anybody can see what music I am listening to, also I am usually able to control it, by setting selected playlists to private, and by publishing only the ones I feel are appropriate.. But this doesn't work with collaborative lists. They are automatically publically visible to everybody.. And considering the fact that i do not know most of people following me and have also not found an option to limit what i share with them,  I find it really very akward, that they can watch my communication with friends in those collaborative lists in such detail. So please.. make it possible to control, who can see the collab lists..

This could go hand in hand then also with the idea of limited authorship for the collaborative playliste > Ideally it should be possible for spotify users to create a collab list editable and visible only to invited friends and not to everybody (as "everybody" has always been is a very useless feature for any meaningfull collaborations:-) thanks!

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Playlists-Making-collaborative-playlist-pr...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Peter__
Community Legend

I'm confused, collaborative playlists can't be published publically (they are always secret) and never appear on your profile or in search results as a playlist unless its part of Spotify social (updates etc.). Or am I missing something?

juliala
Casual Listener

well, as far as i know, collaborative playlists are always public, and there is no option to set them secret. At least, that is how they are labeled in your profile. I would not know if they show up in search results, but your followers are able to see them and while I personally have not been able to control, who is following me.. I personally only know one of my my followers...and this person has read the additional information publically available to me on the fone, like who put the track and when in the list, which really was quite embarrassing..  besides I would prefer to be able to control, who can add tracks to the collaborative lists, as it has been discussed elsewhere in this forum. everybody is just not very helpfull, is it ?

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

TinaTeaspoon
Casual Listener

I've been trying to figure out how to make collaborative playlists visible to those included but not to anyone else - came as a bit of a (pretty awkward) surprise to me, finding out that they're automatically public.

& with no apparent way of making them private either.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Playlists-Making-collaborative-playlist-pr...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!