mobile device proxy settings

The Spotify app for mobile devices needs proxy settings like the desktop version or the ability to use the system proxy that is configured in the wireless connection.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Mankin
They don't need a proxy setting necessarily, they just need to use the system proxy that is configured in the wireless connection. This is a common android app developer error that makes quite mad.
karllark
Regular

this isnt only a android problem ;) but your idea is a bit better than mine

tobbe_music

When are Spotify Android app gonna use the system setting for proxy? I also need this! Otherwise I can't use Spotify on my Android device!

arsradu
Casual Listener

It needs proxy settings. It's a must have, in my opinion. Because you're not always connected via WiFi, and you don't want to get all your apps through proxy when all you need is Spotify.

woter324

+1. Rooky developer error.

DiFranca

As Mankin said, they may use the system proxy settings. Very simple solution.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!