[null] REMOVING ARTISTS FROM LISTENING DATA

I think this is a problem most spotify listeners have, for quite a while last year or two i would listen to sleeping music and sounds overnight, i didnt realize that all this build up of time would ruin my spotify analytics and i wish i could remove the artists, ive tried listening to other songs and artists to try and make the sleeping sound artists go down in my analytics but it looks like thats going to take more than a year, my stats for spotify doesnt even showcase my genuine music taste as its blocked by the sleep artists, i wish spotify would have a way and setting to remove artists from your listening data so that your analytics are right.

Updated on 2021-04-21

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely: “Checking for existing ideas.”

Similar ideas have already been suggested - It's well worth adding your vote to show your support:

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again, highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing ones.

Comments
rjsuvakjr
Visitor

As a developer I would say this should be possible if Spotify did a moment/ time conversion usage based on your local timezone. That would be more easy to just convert it to a 10-12 hour period to exclude someone's music data. It would also probably free up analytic traffic data tracking significantly too.

GooseGoat
Casual Listener

This would also be helpful for people whose kids sometimes listen on their account and forget to put it on private session. I'd love to be able to tell Spotify that I am not actually a fan of Twenty One Pilots or Glass Animals.

Xenia
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-04-21

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely: “Checking for existing ideas.”

Similar ideas have already been suggested - It's well worth adding your vote to show your support:

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again, highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing ones.