"Fans Also Like" is very limited!

As a serious music lover, and collector, I am always looking for music that I'm not familiar with or heard before. Spotify has a few places such as the "Fans also like" and "Recommend Songs" lists that are missed opportunities to help subscribers to find rare and lesser known music. 90% of the time these suggestions provided by Spotify only suggest very well known songs and artists within a certain genre, and the same ones over and over. I used to use GooglePlay Music If I was looking at certain album the platform would suggest all kinds of familiar AND obscure albums by lesser known artists that related to that album. I discovered all kinds of rare and amazing 80s albums and artist that I'd never heard of. I feel that as a passionate music lover this is something that Spotify has overlooked. I'm not interested in seeing the top artists and songs over and over in their suggestions. I want to explore, discover, I want to find those rare and forgotten gems that were never played on the radio, that never made it to the charts. To me, Music is about exploration, I'd love to see Spotify help listeners explore beyond the typical, predictable, and take us on a real adventure. Thank you.

Updated on 2021-07-29

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• Unclear ideas. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.

It would be great if you make a more specific suggestion for improvement.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Alex
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-07-29

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• Unclear ideas. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.

It would be great if you make a more specific suggestion for improvement.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.