Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly-ideas-review2.png

April 2017 Ideas Review

meahtenoha

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and present the ones we’ve updated in the past 30 days.

We're here to take a look at the ideas we updated for you all in April. Curious what we implemented last year? Well check out our Yearly Ideas Review: 2016 here. 

IMPLEMENTED:

In case you didn't hear, we've launched our Spotify Student Discount in 33 new markets, which meant a lot of your ideas were implemented this month.

students.jpg

1. Student Discount in Sweden

2. Student Discount in Australia

3. Canadian Student Discount

4. Student Discount in Italy

5. Student Discount in Turkey

6. Student Discount for The Netherlands

7. Student Discount in Spain

8. Student Discount in Denmark

9. Student Discount in Ireland

10. Student Discount in Switzerland

11. Student Discount in New Zealand

12. Student Discount in Philippines

13. Student Discount in Brazil

GOOD IDEA: 

14. Airplay in the Desktop version

15. Allow user to select default sound device.

NOT RIGHT NOW:

16. Color Toggle. 

17. Access to your Spotify Taste profile.

18. Put Android menu back to the left.

19. Teacher Discount.

Share Your Ideas

Every week we update your ideas posted in the Idea Exchange. We're actively bringing your comments and feedback to the teams here so they know which features are important to you. 

Want to help manage the Ideas Exchange as an Ideas Guardian? Read more about the Rock Star Program here

spotify:track:6M3xCdMzl6Xk6lQzvrDOqd:small
59 Comments
Rodolfonavarro
Why you haven't put the CD in Tony perez tu rio fluira didn't answer.?
astrocious
i agree!! waiting for the lyrics to come back!
paulmaul

I agree with the privacy suggestion, being able to keep the 'Private Listening' constantly ON would be great, because

having to manual switch it every time is obnoxious . 

Other suggestions:

Be able to vouch out or thumbs down a song . I had to listen to a song I hated for a project, now spotify thinks i'm obsessed with that song and puts it on all my playlists. 

Bring Lyrics back. (apple music has lyrics and it's great) 

Improve offline listening. it takes way too long for features to start working if there's no data connection. Also a better way to navigate offline music . 

New Release section geared more to me. I don't listen to top 40 so not sure why it only shows that content. Release Radar is great but misses a lot of new releases that interest me. 

Thanks for hearing me out! 

djvj3000

Guys, this is just an announcement for last month. You need to make a new thread in the Ideas section or search and see if your idea has already been posted and upvote it, the highest voted ones get considered.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/idb-p/ideas_live

SushiWalrus

I've been trying to find a place to put this idea that I randomly thought of, so I'll just put it here.

So there are some songs with ridiculously long intros and outros, and there are songs that have like 1 'good part' but that good part is really good. So I was thinking if Spotify can make a "snipping" option where you can just crop some part of the sound out, such as just clicking edit, then on the song, then moving the sliders to adjust what portion you want to listen to. After you slide it to your liking, such as snipping that outro from "Runaway" by Kanye right, you just exit from the whole snipping and it plays your snippet of the song whenever the song gets played. Like I mentioned "Runaway" earlier, some people would want to just listen to the outro because they like that or something, they can just move the far left slider towards the outro. Vice versa they can slide the right slider to the beginning of the outro to end the song before the outro begins. That way if you ever listen to songs that are good but when they get to that point you don't like, you won't have to skip, it'll just end for you if you preset it to.