Introducing our newest Mod: AlejaR!
As the Community team continues to grow, we're very happy to introduce one of our newest Mods: @AlejaR! You might've seen her around helping users and being awesome 💛
We asked Alejandra a couple of questions to get to know her better, so let's dive into it!
1. Tell us a bit about yourself!
👩 It’s easy for me to express my ideas by writing them. I really love to read from fantastic novels to scientific papers. I love to understand cultures and countries by studying their languages, in fact I fluently speak three (English, Italian, Spanish) and I understand most of French.
I’m a very loyal person, most of the time patient. I care about people and I’m always prompt to help. I have a small collection of Rubik's cubes, and I really really love puzzles, sudoku and all those analytical games. This is not a very popular opinion, but I also love math and numbers… 🔢
2. Do you have any favorite artists? What makes you love them? 🎶
- Yes! I love Natalia Lafourcade. She has, in my opinion, a very nostalgic way to sing. She’s awesome!
- Nicolai Fella and LosPetitFellas. Their music just makes me think about my city (Bogotá) every single time.
- For me Led Zeppelin is timeless. One of my first memories involves my brother (a very kind metal-head) and Black Dog at a very loud volume, driving my mom crazy 😂
- AC/DC everytime! My brother and I have very different musical tastes, but, Whole Lotta Rosie makes us sing no matter what we’re doing.
- There are so many artists I admire due to their vocal range, such as Joy Huerta, from Jesse and Joy, Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato, Mon Laferte, Brendon Urie, from Panic! At The Disco, and Jennifer Hudson. It’s always a real pleasure to be able to listen to what they can do with their voices.
3. What's something you can't live without?
📖 ⌚ Books and a watch. I like to be punctual, so I always wear a watch and I always have a book with me, no matter where I am. There’s always a right time to read :3
4. Do you have any pets?
🐶 Yes! Her name is Lilo and she’s the smartest dog in the world! She has the most beautiful eyes on earth.
Just look at that cutie 😍
6. If you could travel to any part of the world, which would it be and why?
🇮🇹 Definitely Italy. I lived there and I just love the art and music culture, the language and the food. I’d probably go back to Perugia, it’s a beautiful calm city, but I’d like to be able to see some other cities. I fell in love with Florence. I’d also like to travel to New Zealand, it’s a dream, the nature, the people, the cities! And, I’d be awesome to be able to know more about the Māori people. Their language amazes me.
7. What do you enjoy in your spare time?
🌱 Most of my time, I take care of my plants, play video games, do puzzles (whatever kind I have available), and read. I also watch tons of documentaries. I also draw, but not at a professional level, just small digital illustrations.
8. And last but not least, do you have any musical recommendations for us? Anything you’re currently blasting on your headphones or that makes you dance around!
Ohh so many songs 😂 I’m not that much into dancing, but these songs make me wanna sing!
"Wildfire" by SYML
"A Horse With No Name" by Patrick Carney; Michelle Branch
"Wheels" by Foo Fighters
"I Feel Alive" by Coral Moons
"Across The Room" by Odesza feat. Leon Bridges
That was awesome, it's been a pleasure getting to know you better! Welcome aboard and see you around in the Community 😍 🦄
Thanks for sticking around, folks!
Stay tuned for the next Backstage Intro coming soon.
In the meantime, if you're a Star wanting an introduction, feel free to reach out to one of the Mods to let us know. We'd love to find out a bit more about you all! 💚